Cloud computing is an on-demand service provided on the internet via remote servers.
see all WHAT IS CYBER TERRORISM?
- Data storage
E.g. Rather than saving contacts in your phone or something card, you can directly store them in Google contacts on the cloud.
Cloud computing can be:-
- Public – available for all
- Private –to limited numbers people
- Community – to selected groups
- Hybrid –a minimum of public-private, private-community and public-community
Do you know: C is the only programming language that exists for such a long period and still it is widely used. Get list of top c viva question
The types of cloud computing are:-
- Software as a service
- Provide on-demand
- g. Microsoft, Google, etc.
- PaaS –
- Platform as a service
- Provide a platform to create software
- g. Google, Heroku
- IaaS –
- Infrastructure as a service
- Provide full infrastructural support
- g. Amazon, etc.
The advantages of using cloud computing are:
- Easy accessibility from anywhere
- Cost-saving. Earlier enterprises used information management technique which was costlier.
- Resource pooling –
- Store files judiciously
- Using Dropbox and Google drive
- Back up files, music, photos and quickly up-gradation.
However, there are also some limitations to using it:
- Security –
- Sensitive medical information leakage
- Financial information
- Servers can become victims –
- Natural disasters
- Widespread digital illiteracy
- No proper legislation
- Chances of mistakes while transferring.
Do you know: Header file name can be included in 2 ways, (a) Using angular brackets (b) Using double inverted comma. Get list of top c viva question
Government initiatives –
- Rail cloud
- Digital cloud
Thus, cloud computing can be of immense help for a developing country like India in enhancing productivity for business enterprises, etc. It should be encouraged by laws and policies.