- Accenture plc is an American-Irish multinational professional services company.
- It is ranked 61 (as on 2020) in Fortune Global 500 company ranking.
- Founded in 1989
- Headquarter is in New York
- As of 2020, there are more than 514,000 people working in Accenture
Main service areas of Accenture are Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations
Strategy and Consulting at Accenture
Strategy and consulting wing at Accenture works with world’s leading organizations and their management team in helping them in boost their competitiveness, improve profitability and business restructuring. Some of the key challenges taken by strategy and consulting team at Accenture are:
- Identifying and developing new markets, products and services
- Optimizing cost structures
- Maximizing human performance
- Harnessing data to improve decision-making
- Mitigating risk and enhancing security
- Implementing modern change management programs
- Shaping and delivering value from large-scale cloud migrations
- Building more resilient supply chains
- Reinventing manufacturing and operations with smart, connected products and platforms
Interactive team at Accenture
Interactive team at Accenture helps clients in executing marketing campaigns, develop and design product ideas, manage media and creative and run overall marketing strategy to drive growth and value for their customers.
Technology team at Accenture
Technology team at Accenture help clients in building technical solutions and services, work with data and AI, work on security and intelligent platforms, work on latest technologies like 5G, quantam computing, blockchain etc.
Figure: This is comparison chart of salaries offered to Accenture with respect to other software companies in US.
Operations team at Accenture
Accenture helps clients in operating their business process and streamline their operations like Sales and Marketing, Finance and Accounting, Procurement and Supply Chain management. Accenture has developed state of art human-machine platform called SynOps, which is powered by data and analytics, AI, digital technology to provide desired and tangible business outputs at larger scale and speed.
Accenture office location
Accenture has offices in more than 200 cities in 50 countries throughout globe.
Accenture office locations in India
Accenture has 11 offices in India.
- Bengaluru- 2 offices
- Chennai – 2 offices
- New Delhi
Accenture interview process
Accenture hires for both entry level(fresher) and experienced profiles.
Accenture interview process for fresher
Accenture hires fresh graduates from campus placement drives, walk in, referral and direct recruitment process. Once your resume is selected for Accenture interview process, you will be called for an written test.
Pattern of Accenture written test
- Quantitative Aptitude – 20 questions, 20 minutes
- Logical Reasoning – 20 questions, 20 minutes
- Verbal Ability – 20 questions, 20 minutes
- Computer Science basics – 30 questions, 30 minutes
Accenture written exam is of moderate difficulty level. This is a screening test, and most of the questions will be from higher school mathematics/English and first year computer science subjects.
Syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Systems
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Coordinate Geometry
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutation & Combination
- Time and Work
- Mixture and Alligation
- Clock and Calendar
- Missing pattern/number
Syllabus of Logical Reasoning
- Objective Reasoning
- Pattern recognition
- Data sufficiency
- Blood Relation
- Coding deductive logic
- Number series pattern recognition
- Logical word sequence
- Data sufficiency
- Data Interpretation
Syllabus of Verbal Ability
- Contextual Vocabulary
- Error Identification
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject-Verb agreement
- Tenses and Articles
- Reading Comprehension
- Preposition & Conjunction
- Paragraph completion
Syllabus of Computer Science basics
You will be asked questions on following topics, and will be asked to write or correct few pseudo codes in this test.
Basic Programming Concepts
- Data Types
- Iteration, Recursion, Decision
- Procedure, functions, and scope
- Arrays, List, Maps
- Data Base concepts
Data Structure Concept
- Linked List
- Stacks, Queues
- Hash Tables
- Binary Trees, Binary Search Trees
- Searching and Sorting Techniques
Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Class, Object
Once you clear Accenture written test, you are eligible to sit for another programming test round, which is basically a coding assignment. If you can successfully complete the coding assignment, you will be eligible for higher package and role than if you can only clear first written test round at Accenture.
Technical interview at Accenture
The second round for Accenture recruitment process is technical interview round. In this round, candidate has to face questions based on programming concepts for different technologies like C, C++, Java, etc. In this round, candidate has to show his technical knowhow. Make sure to check your git or hackerrank or similar public profiles. Your projects and strong coding profiles have more weightage than your marks scored in academics.
Accenture Technical interview questions
Some of the previously asked technical interview questions in Accenture interviews are:
- Which tree data structure is best in sorting elements?
- Which data structure is used in railways ticketing platform?
- What is difference between RDBMS and NoSQL. If you have you migrate one from other, what is the procedure?
- How will you print current date in sql
- What is major difference between C, Java and Python language? Which language is most efficient and fast?
- What is difference between native and hybrid apps? Which one do you recommend?
- When do we have recursion versus iteration? Which one is best in searching in an array? How can we optimize further?
- What is multithreading? Give some real life examples.
- What are main concepts of Object Oriented Programming?
- How can you connect 2 codes written in Java and Python?
HR interview at Accenture
HR round is the final round of the Accenture recruitment process. In this round, Interviewer checks the communication and behavioral aptitude of the candidate.
Accenture HR interview questions
Some of the previously asked HR questions in Accenture interviews are:
- Brief about yourself in a minute?
- Why did you apply for this job?
- What is your biggest achievement till now?
- What do you know about our Company?
- Why should we consider you for this job?
- What are your goals for the next five years?
- What is your greatest strength? How will it be helpful for this job?
- If you feel work pressure, how will you deal with it?
- What do you want to achieve in your life?
- Are you ready to relocate?
Accenture interview process for experienced
Accenture recruits experienced professionals from direct application process (Accenture Careers and Jobs website) and employee referral program. The process of Accenture interview process for experienced professionals is:
- Screening of resume by Project Manager/Lead
- Telephonic round with Project Manager/Lead
- Face to face interviews. These will be done in office and there will be minimum 3 rounds of interview. You will be asked questions mainly on your current/previous work
- HR interview. This will be done in the last, when you are through with all the other interviews. This is a behavioral round discussion and salary negotiations.
Accenture interview process for business profiles
Accenture hires candidates for its consultant roles from both freshers and experienced profiles. For fresher, Accenture visits top MBA colleges in India and abroad, and shortlist candidates based on their academic qualification, leadership work, extra curricular activities etc.
Once the candidate is shortlist, he will be interviewed atleast 3 times with different Accenture employees. Here are major interview processes in Accenture business role hiring.
Potentia interview round at Accenture
You will be given short paragraph of text about a common business topic (for example- news article on technology topic). You will be given 5 minutes to think on the test, and clarify if needed.
After this, you are required to present your thoughts to your interviewer and they will ask you questions based your presentation. This is 45-60 minutes exercise, and you need to take it as conversation. Its main objective is to test your communication skills especially your thought process and creativity.
Case interview round at Accenture
Case study is an important part of Business profile hiring in Accenture interview process. You will be given a business case and will be given time to analyze and present it.
Following methodology can be used in case round interviews of Accenture
- Analyze the current situation
- Find the possible problem areas
- Use the known business frameworks (for example 4 P’s , 5 C’s, Mckinsey 7S framework) to see if your business problem fit into any of the known frameworks
- Use the data given to do necessary calculation and forecasting
- Explore the hidden areas of problems
- Present your recommendations/solutions
In this article, we have seen the detailed hiring process of Accenture for freshers and experienced profiles. We have seen the process of both technical and business profiles. If you would like to add/contribute or need any clarification, you can reach us.
Xamnation is helping candidates prepare for the job recruitment tests and interview processes. Now prepare for Accenture interview from Xamnation test series, mock interview series, video lectures, case study preparation and many more. Reach us at email@example.com to know more on this.
You may also like: