In this article, we will cover Infosys interview process for both freshers and experienced work professionals.
Infosys is one of the leading IT Company of India. It is consistently ranked among top 10 in High-Tech Service Providers by HFS Research.
In segment like Banking and Financial Services, Infosys is ranked #1 among its peer.
Infosys is located across 46 different countries. It has employee strength of almost 2.5 lacs. It provide ample opportunity to work in offshore locations.
Figure: Infosys at a glance.
Infosys offices in India
Infosys offices are located in following cities in India.
Most numbers of Infosys offices are located in Bangalore location.
Infosys recruitment process
Here we will discuss Infosys recruitment process for fresher and working professionals.
Infosys recruitment process for fresher
Infosys recruits new employees as Graduate Engineer Trainee by:
- Campus placement process
- Off campus process
- Walk in Interview drives
Register for Infosys off campus process here.
Infosys pattern for recruitment of fresher is same in all 3 processes.
Eligibility criteria in Infosys recruitment process
- Candidate need to have scored minimum of 60% in Class 10th, 12th and in graduation.
- In case of CGPA, Candidate need to have scored minimum of 6.5 CGPA on scale of 10.
- If CGPA is awarded on scale other than 10, then candidate need to convert it on scale of 10 by using proper multiplier.
- Only official documents given by respective board/college will be considered for checking marks.
Fresher salary at Infosys recruitment
The typical Infosys Graduate Engineer Trainee salary is ₹3,85,729. According to Glassdoor website, Graduate Engineer Trainee salaries at Infosys can range from ₹3,73,619 – ₹3,94,670.
This is just basic entry level salary. However, candidates coming with differentiated skill sets and proven performance record will get increase remuneration of about Rs 5-8 lacs per annum. Freshers who possess the new-age digital skills such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Machine Learning, Robotics, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing etc are offered such as high salaries from the IT companies.
Infosys hiring process for fresher
In the beginning, there will be a pre placement talk where Infosys staff will tell about the company, job profile, opportunities at companies, remuneration structure etc. Candidates are advised to make note on the important thing, so that they can ask questions in this talk, and relevant question during their face to face interview.
Infosys conducts its hiring process in following phases .
- Online test
- Technical Interview
- HR and Managerial interview
Online test during Infosys placement process
There will be a written test of about 1.5 hours, in which your general aptitude is checked. You will asked questions based on quantitative aptitude, Logical Reasoning and English.
The key to pass this test is score high in English which has highest weightage.
Syllabus of online test in Infosys recruitment process
Infosys-English Recruitment Process
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spotting Error
- Error Correction
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Selection
- Sentence Completion
- One word Substitution
Infosys-Quants Recruitment Process
- Data Interpretation
- Permutation and Combination
- Areas, Shapes, Perimeter
- Speed Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
- Problem on Ages
- Number Decimal and Fraction
Infosys-Logical Reasoning Recruitment Process
- Coding Decoding
- Number series
- Clocks and Calendar
- Data Sufficiency
- Most logical choice
- Logical Deduction
Infosys Technical Interview Round
Once your qualify your written test, you will be called for Technical interview round at Infosys.
Infosys expect you to have strong command in following subjects.
- Any programming language like C, C++, Java, Python. Questions can be asked directly from syntax, so you need to be sure you are choosing correct programming language, Questions can be asked from OOPs concepts too. You will be given to write a program. Your syntax and logic will be checked.
- Data structure and Algorithms. You need to have basic understanding on Data Structure concepts like linkedlist, stack, queue etc. Only basic concept is asked, no higher concepts like Trees, Graphs etc
- You need to have good command over database and SQL. Questions can be asked from basic relational database concepts as well from SQL syntax
- Networking, Hardware and IC: Questions can come from networking as well from hardware.
Technical round at Infosys recruitment process is easier for people from IT/CS background, but it is difficult for non technical background, especially if you haven’t coded before. Do start learning any of the programming language if you want to qualify for Infosys.
Sample Interview questions for Infosys Technical round
Infosys HR Interview Round
Once you qualify your Technical interview round at Infosys, it is time for last and final process- HR Interview Round. This round is sometime clubbed with managerial round, but lot of time it is separate from managerial round.
HR round main objective is to check your adaptability with company’ culture, test your communication skills, check your confidence and pressure handling abilities. HR people will ask questions based on your personal profile as well from your resume. You may expect following kinds of questions in your HR interview process at Infosys.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why do you want to join Infosys?
- About your project?
- Which is your favorite subject?
- Do you have any Questions?
67% of rejection happened as candidates were unable to make the eye contact. Check out Xamnation mock interview pack.
Sample Interview questions for Infosys HR round
It is very important to practice these questions well in advance, so that you do not make any silly mistakes in answering.
Infosys Interview process for work experienced professionals
Experienced candidates can also apply to Infosys in various roles and department. They need to register using following.
1. Register their profile on official Infosys website
2. Registering on job sites like Naukri and Monster
3. By attending recruitment drives
4. Via employee referral system
5. Via placement consultants
Register your profile in all available options, if you want to get shortlisted for the interview process.
Candidates are required to appear in following screening processes.
- Written test
- Technical round
- HR round
Written test for experienced professionals at Infosys
Infosys conduct a written test where questions are asked on general aptitude (quantitative aptitude, Logical reasoning and English) and coding assignment is given. You need to clear your test in order to proceed to next round.
Technical Round at Infosys
Technical round at Infosys depends upon on 2 things.
- Your profile, which means work you have done so far
- Company requirement. Company will be specifically asking questions from certain areas of its requirement. For example – it might stress more on Data science, as it might have more number of data science projects.
You could expect a mix of situational, behavioral and theoretical questions. You will also be assessed on your social and communication skills, confidence, attitude and behavior, so remember to be pleasant and don’t show any signs of nervousness.
The focus is on your field of specialization, projects you have worked on, obstacles faced and the method of overcoming them.
This round can be divided into 2 rounds.
- Core round where only technical questions are asked
- Managerial round where situational related questions are asked
HR Round at Infosys
HR round is final process in the whole interview process. Following things are evaluated in your HR interview round at Infosys.
- Your adaptability with Infosys role and culture
- Your comfort-ability with salary, designation, location, shift timing etc
- Your behavior regarding peers and seniors at previous companies
- Your communication skills
This is also a round where you are required to negotiate your salary.
But, make sure to find your accepted CTC value, company might reject you for quoting too high salary.
Interview process result
The results of the selection process and your offer letter could take four to six weeks to arrive in case of a normal recruitment. In urgent recruitments, that time frame is generally cut down to a week.
Testimonial of Infosys from current/ex employees
I worked at Infosys full-time for more than a year. I have worked in engineering services, under leading aircraft manufacturers which provided a wide range of experience to learn and work on software like CATIA, HYPERMESH, MS EXCEL, CFD software etc. Good for mechanical engineering Great learning curve
I have been working at Infosys full-time. It’s a great place to work. There are lots of great benefits for employees.
I worked at Infosys for more than 3 years. It has friendly staff, great environment and great projects to work. There are lots of on site opportunities in comparison to other IT companies.
In this article, we have covered Infosys interview process for both freshers and experienced professionals.
Are you preparing for Infosys process?
We have a course for you. Practice for Infosys written test, technical interview and HR interview round with us.
Visit our online courses.
Write to us at email@example.com for more information.