English language is the commonly used language worldwide. Worldwide 65+ countries use English as their official language, and it is ranked no1 as global language. English proficiency help in clearing competitive exams, getting admissions in good colleges, getting good job and making a good career. English is most preferred business communication language in the world.
It is important to learn English language from the early age, as it give added advantage for child to excel in future exams and having better communication. Most of the children start speaking meaningful sentences in the age of 4 or 5. Parents can start focusing on young children to build strong foundation in English communication.
In the article, we will cover important tips to learn English language.
Tips to learn English language
- Make a proper learning schedule for English language. You can set up a calendar for yourself or for your child. You can plan your calendar on different aspect of English learning like grammar part, vocabulary, reading, writing practice etc
- Reading, writing, speaking is a continuous journey. You need to spend some part of day in practicing each of them for yourself or for your child.
- You need to aim to learn 1-2 new words every day for improving your English. You can take help from online platforms/website and subscribe to their daily word challenge. You can also read daily newspaper, and list down new word that you discovered daily.
- You can master grammar by practicing and solving assignment. In case you are facing difficulty in understanding and memorizing grammar rules, you can take help from online learning platforms/website or private English tutor to improve your grammar understanding.
- Take reference to popular English learning platforms like Duolingo, Grammarly, Youtube for kids.
- You can participate in debate and discussion group of your school and college. This will improve your English speaking skills
- You can also participate in newsletter, story writing and columnist to strengthen your English writing skills
- In case you do not have access to above extracurricular activities in your school or college, you can keep writing and practice speaking to improve our English communication part.
Learning English using games
There are many games and activities which you can do for improving your English skills especially vocabulary and spoken part. You can find your learning buddy with whom you can do such activities. Parents can be learning buddy for their child. Remember to communicate with your learning buddy only in English language.
See detailed article to learn English using games
Reading is most key activity in boosting your language skills. You will learn new words, and will understand sentences and paragraph
You can start by reading books like novel, short stories etc. You can also make a practice of reading newspaper.
Following are some books which you can refer for yourself or if you are teaching Engish to young child
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B White
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
Learning English using Rhymes and songs for young kids
You need to take special care for teaching kids to learn English language. You can use popular children songs and rhymes for teaching them songs, and asking them to repeat those rhymes. Some of the popular rhymes which you can easily find over youtube are
- The wheel on the bus go round and round
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm
- Rain rain go away
- Are you sleeping
- I Can Sing a Rainbow
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- One, Two, Buckle My Shoe
- Mary Had a Little Lamb
Popular English songs for teaching English to you kids
- She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain
- The Great Big Moose Song
- Yellow Submarine (The Beatles)
- What a Wonderful World
Kids also love to watch cartoon. You can select good list of cartoon for improving English skills.
- Martha Speaks
- Peppa Pigs
- Word Girl
- Post Cards from Buster
In this article, you have seen important tips for improving English speaking skills. You can follow this tips for yourself or if you are teaching English to young kids. In case you are looking for more help, we suggest you to hire private English tutor.
You may be interested in
- Public speaking course for kids
- Public speaking course for adults
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements. We have 100s of experienced public speaking trainers who will help you by taking 1:1 online public speaking course.