English is the most widely spoken language worldwide, with 1.5 billion+ speakers across world. English is also one of the most commonly used languages in higher education institutes and business communication. No doubt, it is arguably the dominant language for communication by current and future generation.
If you come from non-English speaking family, then learning the English language can be challenging. You may find difficulty in communicating to teachers and other students, and there is high chance that you may not get college/university due to low score in English language. It is very important to have good English tutor, who can teach you about English language, and help you understand everything about the English language. One good thing is you can now easily find good private English tutor over internet. In this article, we will give you some tips on how to find a good English tutor who is very good at teaching English language.
See also: English tuition for class 8
Benefits of English private tutoring
There are many benefits of having private tutoring for English language.
- Personal attention- A personal English tutor will give you the personal attention, and help you practices each and every English concept. This may not be possible in regular classroom like in school or colleges.
- Time saving- Online private tutor will help you save time every day, as you can attend English classes at comfort of your home. In offline tutoring, you are required to travel a certain distance, which may not be suitable for everyone.
- Flexible schedule- Private English tutors can conduct classes at the time convenient to students. For example, some students may need to attend English classes at night or early morning. This will be easily possible with online English tutoring. Flexible schedule will allow tutors to help people sitting in different places at once.
- Expert tutors – Private English tutors are experts in their field, and they are able to devote more attention to students. They will also teach more examples in details that are not usually covered due to time constraint.
- Learning at own pace-Online English tutoring classes will help you learn at your own pace. You can discuss with English tutors to set up learning pace. You can ask English tutor to cover more examples, have more practice if you need. Online English tutors will take up your questions and provide you with necessary explanations to learn more efficiently.
How to find a Good Private English Tutor?
There are lots of people who claim that they are good in English language, and can teach you. You need to be properly do some research to find whether a teacher is a good English teacher or not. Here are some tips for your find a good English tutor.
- Teacher profile- Look for an online profile of the English tutor. You may need to see the qualification, work experience, and may need to see recommendation and references from other people who were taught by this English tutor before. This may take some time, but it is worth spending.
- Services- You can also see what kind of services he/she is offering, and how much they cost. A good experienced tutor usually charges more than inexperienced one. This benchmarking will give you an idea of quality of your English tutor.
- Reference- You can ask your English tutor to provide with reference of old students who were taught by him/her. You can also see online reviews and ratings of Tutors and his/her classes.
How much do Private Online English Tutors cost?
It is a good idea to find the cost of private English tutoring before you hire an online tutor for English language. This will help you to benchmark the tutor, and you may bargain for a good deal on your English tuition fees.
Tips to find fee for private English tutoring
- Tuition hours- As you know cost is directly related to time spend. Likewise, cost of your private English lessons will be related to number of teaching hours in the course. A full year course will cost you more than short duration cost. Therefore, you will have to decide on picking the right course duration for your English private tutoring.
- Live classes vs Online recorded classes – Live classes are when tutor spend his/her time in teaching English language. In online recorded classes, you will be given pre-recorded lesson, and hence teaching hours are less. Online live classes will give you advantage of direct interaction with teacher, which is not possible in recorded classes. So you may need to ask your English tutor on mode of his/her teaching, number of live classes, number of recorded classes etc. This will actually help you deciding teacher time, and hence estimated cost for your course.
- Benchmarking- Your English tuitions may go from USD 10 to USD 75 per hour, depending upon tutor.
- Certification or Exam fee- You can ask for cost of exam fee and certification cost, if they are included in your cost. This will help you in understanding cost of your English tuition.
- Learning material- You may check with tutor on what kind of learning material is provided. For example – books, or other learning material.
- Look for more options- By checking one or more tutor, you may come to better conclusion on English tuitions fee.
Can I get free English Private Tuitions
There are many websites online that offer free foreign language teaching. However, it would be best if you were careful with these websites, as some of them may charge you after you have finished your English lesson. Quality of material and service also won’t be good in such free tuitions. As we know, Good deal has good service. If you want a good quality English teacher, you should expect to pay for the quality they offer.
Join English classes, be fluent in English like native speakers, score good marks in English at school and college, find the perfect tutor for you, and improve your English skills with Xamnation. Contact us our counselors to know more on English Tuitions and Coaching.