FAME scheme was launched under the National Mobility Mission Plan in 2015 in a phased manner. FAME – I was implementable during 2015-19 and now FAME – II will be implemented during 2019-22. The main objective of FAME –II is to encourage faster adoption of e-vehicles through demand creation and incentives one-vehicle.
see all WHAT IS UJJWALA SCHEME?
The focus of e-vehicle –
- Market creation
- Manufacturing technology
- Charging infrastructure
- Indigenization providing incentives
- For e-vehicle adoption
Check out and practice previous year Cognizent placement papers . Boost up your preparation for IT companies by our practicing from 1 lac aptitude questions for placement
The key features of this scheme include –
- Electrification of public transport (3 wheeler, 4 wheeler) while in 2W focus is on private vehicles.
- Encouraging new technology and incentives on a vehicle with lithium on battery.
- Development of charging points across the country with at least one point in 3km × 3km. E.g. especially highways, metropolitan cities.
- Creating acceptability of e-vehicles by providing incentives.
- Investment for manufacturing and establishing a charging station. For instance – OMC’s (oil marketing companies) will be given preference.
The adoption of electric vehicles is very beneficial for India as –
- Environment degradation is very high. Forex –World’s top 14 polluted cities are in India.
- Shifting to e-vehicle reduces the need for traditional fossil fuel thus reducing oil import. For ex – India set a target to cut oil import by 10% by 2022.
- The manufacturing sector will get a major thrust. For ex –MAKE INDIA
- India’s commitment to climate change (INDC) can also be achieved.
- Employment generation as the creation of industries and infrastructure will provide a job.
- Reducing air pollution and thus improving quality of life.
- Shifting to renewable energy. For instance – India have high solar resource. The solar power generated during the day can be stored in batteries.
- Creating affordability and accessibility of e-vehicles.
- Awareness among the citizens
- Intense research and development