Last Updated on
- On 6th Dec 2017, came into legal, independent existence
- Dec 6 – marked as Universal Energy Access Day.
- First specialized intergovernmental body on solar energy expected to drive R&D on solar energy (from electricity generation to storage capacity).
- First treaty-based international intergovernmental organization to be based out of India.
- International Solar Alliance to be first international organization to be permanently headquartered in India
- Will help India to achieve its target of installing 175 GW of renewable energy by 2022.
About International Solar Alliance
- When: Launched by India and France in November 2015
- Where: in Paris on the sidelines of the UN Climate Conference (COP-21).
- Headquartered at: India, National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurugram, Haryana.
- Purpose: solar power utilization in solar-rich countries lying fully or partially between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.
- Fund mobilization of Solar energy (Target of US$1Trillion by 2030), Technical Guidance
- Expectation: to facilitate the addition of 1,000 GW of solar energy by 2030.
- 58 countries have signed ISA Framework Agreement
- 26 countries have ratified it as well
- Prospective Member : 151
- UN member countries located beyond the Tropics can join the ISA as “Partner Countries”.
- Three programs launched by International Solar Alliance are
- Scaling Solar Applications for Agriculture Use,
- Affordable Finance a Scale, and
- Scaling Solar Mini-Grids.
In case you have any query or confusion regarding this article, you can contact us or write us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Xamnation.com is offering online coaching program, study material and test series for following exams.
Please contact 9988708161 or mail email@example.com for course enquiry.