Mathematics or Maths subject is one of the main subjects in STEM, whose strong fundamentals are essential. This subject indicates level of problem solving ability and general aptitude among students. The goal of the primary mathematics curriculum is to develop creativity and the ability to think, communicate, and solve problems.
No doubt, mathematics remains one of the favorite and most sought after subject in school and higher education.
If you facing difficulties in mathematics, then there is high chance that you may not get good grades and also find difficult to get admissions in good college/universities.
It is very important to have good Maths tutor, who can teach you about Maths subject, and help you understand everything about the Maths subject. One good thing is you can now easily find good private Maths tutor over internet. In this article, we will give you some tips on how to find a good Maths tutor who is very good at teaching Maths subject.
Benefits of Maths private tutoring
There are many benefits of having private tutoring for Maths subject.
- Personal attention– A personal Maths tutor will give you the personal attention, and help you practices each and every Maths concept. This may not be possible in regular classroom like in school or colleges. There are many mathematics concepts like Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry, Geometry where students face lots of difficulties. A private mathematics faculty can spend more time as per your requirement, so that you have clear understanding of everything.
- Time saving– Online private tutor will help you save time every day, as you can attend Maths classes at comfort of your home. In offline tutoring, you are required to travel a certain distance, which may not be suitable for everyone.
- Flexible schedule– Private Maths tutors can conduct classes at the time convenient to students. For example, some students may need to attend Maths classes at night or early morning. This will be easily possible with online Maths tutoring. Flexible schedule will allow tutors to help people sitting in different places at once.
- Expert faculty – Private Maths tutors are experts in their field, and they are able to devote more attention to students. They will also teach more examples in details that are not usually covered due to time constraint. You may find private faculty who are specialist in mathematics having done their PhD and Masters in this field. Learning from expert teacher will help you understand things better.
- Learning at own pace-Online Maths tutoring classes will help you learn at your own pace. You can discuss with Maths tutors to set up learning pace. You can ask Maths tutor to cover more examples, have more practice if you need. Online Maths tutors will take up your questions and provide you with necessary explanations to learn more efficiently.
How to find a Good Private Maths Tutor?
There are lots of people who claim that they are good in Maths subject, and can teach you. You need to be properly do some research to find whether a teacher is a good Maths teacher or not. Here are some tips for your find a good Maths tutor.
- Teacher profile- Look for an online profile of the Maths tutor. You may need to see the qualification, work experience, and may need to see recommendation and references from other people who were taught by this Maths tutor before. This may take some time, but it is worth spending.
- Services offered– You can also see what kind of services he/she is offering, and how much they cost. A good experienced tutor usually charges more than inexperienced one. This benchmarking will give you an idea of quality of your Maths tutor.
- Past students reference– You can ask your Maths tutor to provide with reference of old students who were taught by him/her. You can also see online reviews and ratings of Tutors and his/her classes.
How much do Private Online Maths Tutors cost?
It is a good idea to find the cost of private Maths tutoring before you hire an online tutor for Maths subject. This will help you to benchmark the tutor, and you may bargain for a good deal on your Maths tuition fees.
Tips to find fee for private Maths tutoring
- Tuition hours– As you know cost is directly related to time spend. Likewise, cost of your private Maths lessons will be related to number of teaching hours in the course. A full year course will cost you more than short duration cost. Therefore, you will have to decide on picking the right course duration for your Maths private tutoring.
- Live classes vs Online recorded classes – Live classes are when tutor spend his/her time in teaching Maths subject. In online recorded classes, you will be given pre-recorded lesson, and hence teaching hours are less. Online live classes will give you advantage of direct interaction with teacher, which is not possible in recorded classes. So you may need to ask your Maths tutor on mode of his/her teaching, number of live classes, number of recorded classes etc. This will actually help you deciding teacher time, and hence estimated cost for your course.
- Benchmarking– Your Maths tuitions may go from USD 10 to USD 75 per hour, depending upon tutor.
- Certification or Exam fee– You can ask for cost of exam fee and certification cost, if they are included in your cost. This will help you in understanding cost of your Maths tuition.
- Learning material– You may check with tutor on what kind of learning material is provided. For example – books, or other learning material.
- Look for more options– By checking one or more tutor, you may come to better conclusion on Maths tuitions fee.
Can I get free Maths Private Tuitions?
There are many websites and Youtube channels that offer free Maths teaching. However, it would be best if you were careful with these websites, as some of them may charge you after you have finished your Maths lesson. Quality of material and service also won’t be good in such free tuitions. As we know, Good deal has good service. If you want a good quality Maths teacher, you should expect to pay for the quality they offer.
Are you looking for Maths tuitions?
Join Maths classes for Grade 1-12 at Xamnation. We are offering 1:1 and small group tuitions in Maths subject. Get the best online teachers from top universities and colleges on Maths subject. We offer online live courses, study material, practice course, doubt classes, assignment and test discussion sessions on Maths subject. Email us your requirement at email@example.com and our counselors will get back to you.
You may like