In this article, we will provide you most popular Group Discussion (GD) topics and preparation strategy. This list has been created by our expert panel consisting of IIT and IIM graduates, and senior people working in public and private companies. This list can be used for fresher placement, candidate preparing for PSUs and private companies and also students who are looking for admission in MBA colleges.
Most probable GD topics for companies interview process
- Robotics and automation- Boon or bane?
- India achieving carbon neutrality by 2050
- Is it time to adopt crypto currency by government?
- Electric or bio fuel – Automobile for the future
- Work life balance – Luxury or necessity?
- Is following inflation focused policy a good choice by RBI
- Changing Education landscape- Do we need colleges and university campuses in future
- India problem with Non-Performing asset
- Are UN and WTO still valid today
- Privacy or security
Contact us to know more group discussion topics for job interviews
GD preparation strategy for company hiring process
GD (Group discussion) is an important screening stage in fresher placements in public sector companies and private placement.
Objective of GD in hiring process
In group discussion, following things are tested for candidate
- Communication skills
- Collaboration skills
- Thought process
- Presentation skills
- Can work on any new challenge
- Can conclude and come to logical conclusion
GD stage is not a technical round, so using technical terms may not yield any positive value. So, candidate needs to keep these things in mind before going to any group discussion process.
So candidate need to follow focused strategy for their GD preparation for company.
GD tips and preparation strategy
Remember Group discussion (GD) is about discussing on a topic as a group, and coming to a logical conclusion after 10-15 minutes of discussion. Many students tend to make lots of noise with excessive shouting, some students face problem due to being introvert and start avoiding discussion. Now, both shouting and speaking too little is bad thing to do in a group discussion.
In a group discussion, you are expected to
- Do a proper investigation of topic
- Discuss on various aspects
- Build on other points
- Correct other points if needed
- Come to a logical conclusion.
In a group discussion test, there are three stages which a candidate needs to be familiar of
- Introduction of the topic– This is at the start of the group discussion, where panel ask each one of the participant to share their point for one minute on the topic. Objective of the part is to check candidate preparedness, and how to check communication and presentation skills
- Discussion– This is when all participants involves in discussion. Here, those candidate who are building up on other candidate points or presenting a new angle to the discussion are noted most
- Conclusion and Summary– This is when at the end candidate are asked to present a summary. Candidate need to summarize discussion, highlighting various pros and cons, or various viewpoints, and at the end give a concluding answer on possible solution or way ahead to the topic
You are advised to do thorough GD mock practice by preparing your points on most common topics, and be ready on approaching topics which are new to you.
In this article on popular GD topics for company process, we have shared list of probable topics for group discussion and also shared preparation strategy for GD for public and private companies’ interviews. Candidate can use same strategy and also contact us if they are preparing GDPI for college admissions like for MBA.
You may be interested in
Contact us at email@example.com for complete course on GD, this will cover live lecture on current affairs, notes and mock GD, Interview and WAT practice.