Deloitte is leading global company in accounting and consulting, having presence in 100+ offices throughout the globe. Deloitte has 5 main business areas working in different industries.
- Audit & Assurance
- Financial Advisory
- Risk Advisory
- Tax & Legal
We will be covering Deloitte HR interview in this article.
See also: Deloitte hiring process
Tips for an Effective HR Interview
HR interviews come under behavioral interviews. It is important to use balanced approached while answer. Sometimes, candidates may get emotional, which is bad for the HR interview.
The behavioral interview is the time to showcase your achievements and experiences, as well as present your communication and interpersonal skills. It’s your opportunity to describe situations where you used your technical and functional capabilities, intellectual curiosity, and passion for making a personal impact.
Remember one thing: HR round or Behavioral interview round is a final check to see whether you will fit into the company culture or not. You may be a sharp person technically, but your personal traits may differ from that of company. For example, consultancy hiring requires people with good communication skills, who are willing to travel for work and who can work long hours or odd hours for client interactions. If you are 9-5 type person, you may be misfit for the company. So, in behavioral interview round taken by Director and HR of company, these things are checked mostly.
Follow tips will help you ace the HR interview round.
- Share personal experiences to illustrate your critical skills and achievements
- Describe experiences and career/life periods reflected in your resume
- Focus on the positives of all your past experiences and remain optimistic
- Use this discussion to learn more about Deloitte
- Relax, be yourself, and help us get to know you
- Use your time wisely; it’s your time, make sure you get your points across
How to crack Deloitte HR interview round
- Study perfectly about the job profile.
- Have an easy-going attitude towards the interview.
- Project your utmost confidence.( keep smiling and you will be confident)
- Your composure is a very important factor for any interview. Be pleasant no matter what
- Should be good at speaking, naturally most of us are but make sure you stay confident even among people whom you have not met before.
- Stay formal, being a consulting company I would say that one must be on one’s best.
See also: How to prepare for Deloitte technical interview
Most frequent HR questions asked in Interview
Questions are asked from mainly from resume, but some questions can be asked based upon personality, family, education, hobbies, internships, work experience (if relevant), general knowledge
- Tell me about Yourself
- Why Deloitte?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses ?
- Are you a team player
- What is goal of your life
- Tell us about my project?
- What is Passion in your life?
- What are the things I learned in my college?
- What are you proud of, that your college is also proud of?
- What companies did you give interview for before deloitte ?
- What is your opinion about Long hours at work ?
- What does your ideal job look like?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Tell us about your weakness or biggest failure at work
- What was you past work experience?
- Why Deloitte? And not any other big 4 (PWC, KPMG and E&Y)
- Where were you born?
- Tell me about your family?
- Do you like IT?
- What are your career aspirations?
- Will you be ready to relocate to a new place?
- What may have been the reasons for rejection in previously given interviews.
- Tips for cracking Deloitte technical interview round
- Tips for cracking Deloitte case study interview round
- Tips for cracking Deloitte JAM interview round
In this article, we have shared detailed strategy to prepare for HR interview rounds in Deloitte recruitment process.
Are your preparing for Deloitte interviews? We can help you.
We are team of IIT/IIM graduates having strong professional experiences in consulting, technical and internet domain. Our team of experts will take mock interviews, prepare you on case study rounds, and prepare your for technical round interviews and practicing aptitude round. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.