Cognizant is Fortune 500 companies operation, headquarted in New Jersey, operatin in field of IT/Software from 150+ locations around the world.
Cognizant recruits its people from fresher recruitment (campus placement, walk ins etc) and lateral hiring. We have covered detailed of Cognizant interview process in another article. We have seen syllabus, paper pattern and different stages of selection process. In this article, we will cover technical interview questions which were asked to candidates in recent interviews.
Previously asked questions in Cognizant interviews
- Which one is the fastest connection out of star and bus topology and which one is the most efficient connection, explain with reasons.
- What is an Operating System?
- What are pointers?
- Write a code to find Prime numbers between a range of numbers. (Like if inputs are a=10 and b=20 then output will be 11, 13, 17, 19).
- Write a code of Bubble Sort.
- String immutability
- Difference between String, StringBuffer and StringBuilder
- What are Java Keywords
- What are the main Object Oriented Programming principles
- Tell us about Spring framework
- What are SQL Joins
- What is Hibernate Cache
- Explain MultiThreading
- What are Restful Web Services
- Explain some Design Patterns
- Exception Handling
- What are Rest Methods
- Java Memory Management , Class Loaders
- What is Reflection
- What are Inner / Nested Classes
- What is Connection Pooling
- Search and Sorting Algorithms
- What is Agile Methodology
- What are Database Concepts
- Write a code for Palindrome: String or integer
- Array: sorting(merge sort, selection sort), binary search, reverse array, min and max in array
- Write a code to reverse a string
- Write a code to generate Fabonacci Series
- Write a code to find HCF and LCM of number
- Write a code to find Prime Number
- Write a code to find whether number is Even or Odd
- Tell me About something your projects ?
- what is JDBC ? also connectivity code?
- Why Java support Pointer Concepts?
- Java use call by value or by reference? write a program call by value and call by reference
- Tell me about semaphore?
- why use semaphore?
- What is sorting?
- Briefly explain the method you will use to execute an array linked list?
- What are character constants in C++?
- Write a program to add two strings without utilizing “+” operator ?
- Define the terms OSI, TCP, and IP.
- What are streams in C++? What are predefined streams in C++?
- Give me a Query to find out the second largest compensation in an organization ?
- What is the implementation of merge ?
- Write the connection code to a database?
- What are derived data types? Name the user defined data types in C++.
- Whether higher normal forms better than lower forms as far redundancy is concerned ?
- Explain tokens in C++.Also tell about their role and importance.
- How would you input data to your code?
- Can a database table exist without a primary key ?
- What are the similarities and differences between a class and a structure?
- What is the reason behind using “Inner Join” and “Outer Join” ?
In this article, we have shared previously asked questions in technical interview rounds at Cognizant. These questions are taken from candidates who have recently appeared in Cognizant interviews and online forums. If you need any clarification, you can write to us. If you want to share your interview process, you can mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for coaching for placement help? We have online courses available for aptitude test preparation, coding test preparation, essay preparation, mock interviews and many more. Contact us email@example.com if you are interested in knowing more on our courses.