Last Updated on
In this article, we will share on how to prepare for the Adobe Interview process for freshers and experienced professionals for technical interviews.
Adobe Interview process
Adobe hires fresh graduates and experienced professionals for its technology team. Adobe has offices in 75 locations around the world. In India, Adobe has 7 offices, and its engineering team is located at Noida and Bangalore offices.
Adobe Interview process for freshers
Adobe hires freshers through campus placement (Tier 1 colleges) and off campus recruitments. Here are the key processes that there in Adobe freshers recruitment.
- Campus visit or applying via career portal or through recruitment agency
- CV shortlisting
- Written test for Adobe fresher recruitment. This includes writing pseudo code and sometimes essay types questions
- Technical interviews (multiple rounds)
- HR interviews
Adobe Interview process for experienced professionals
Adobe hires experienced professionals for various roles in technology and product development team in its Noida and Bangalore offices in India, and for global offices. Here is process for Adobe hiring of experienced professionals.
- Applying via career portal or through recruitment agency
- CV shortlisting for Adobe role
- Telephonic discussion (pre-technical round)
- Online coding assignment
- Technical interviews at Adobe (multiple rounds like coding round, system design round, managerial round)
- HR round
67% of rejection happened as candidates were unable to make the eye contact. Check out Xamnation mock interview pack.
Campus placement/visit by Adobe
Adobe hires fresh graduates through campus placement or job fairs in campus in selected location in India and United States. Here is detailed list of colleges where Adobe goes for campus placement. (Source: Adobe official website).
Campus visit by Adobe in India colleges
- National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- International Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
- NetajiSubhas Institute of Technology (NSIT)
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani.
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
Campus visit by Adobe in United States colleges
- Atlanta University Center (Clark Atlanta University, Spelman College, Morehouse College)
- Brigham Young University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Duke University Fuqua
- Grace Hopper Women in Computing Conference
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Michigan Ross
- New York University
- Northern Illinois University
- Northwestern University Kellogg
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Berkeley Haas
- University of Washington
- University of Chicago Booth
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Southern California
- University of Wisconsin + Various
- UT Austin
- Utah State University
CV shortlisting process at Adobe
Adobe has strict requirement during CV screening process. Here are some of the things that they check during CV screening round
- In India, Adobe follows criteria of shortlisting applicants with above 70% percentage or CGPA 7.0 throughout their education (Class 10, 12, Graduation).
- Applicants should not have any backlogs in their education.
- Candidates with strong computer science knowledge with problem solving skills and the passion to code are preferred. Candidates should have demonstrated their technical capabilities in their work or projects.
Online coding round at Adobe
Once candidates make through CV screening round, they are required to demonstrate their technical expertise in Online coding round (for off campus placement and for experienced professionals).
Adobe takesits online coding tests on popular platforms like hackerrank,CodeinGameetc
Sample hackerrank question during recent Adobe recruitment. Here candidate need to program the process and get the required output.
Adobe Assignment (Source: Hackerrank portal)
India, Australia, Pakistan and New Zealand are in the semifinal’s and you know the probability of winning of each team if they are have match with each other.
India beat Australian – 0.4
India beat Pakistan – 1.0
India beat New Zealand – 0.7
Australia beat Pakistan – 0.7
Australia beat New Zealand – 0.8
Pakistan beat New Zealend – 0.3
The reverse will be (1-x) i.e. Australia beat India – 0.6
What is the Probability of india winning the World Cup if Fixtures are selected randomly
Technical Interview process at Adobe
Technical interview process at Adobe is divided into multiple rounds. For freshers, this round is focused on programming languages, software engineering, DBMS, Data Structure and Algorithms. For experienced professionals, additional round like situational interviews and System design are conducted. There are minimum of 3 rounds in Adobe technical interviews for both fresher and experienced professionals. Here are some of the major rounds during Adobe Technical Interview.
Technical round 1:Taken by mid level manager at Adobe. Questions asked are from Data Structure and Algorithms
Technical round 2: Taken by mid level manager 2 at Adobe. Questions asked from programming languages, Data Structure and Puzzles
Technical round 3: Taken by senior manager or Director at Adobe. Questions asked from past work/projects and Data Structure
Technical round 4: Taken by senior manager for experienced professionals. Questions asked are system design like designing a mailing system or chat system.
Sample questions asked during technical rounds
- Serialize and deserialize the object in an optimized way
- Questions like merge sort and heap sort.
- Write a code for implementing dictionary of words (Trie data structure)
- print values in matrix diagonally starting from the left
- How much time it will take to occur StackOverflow error in the given machine
- Find the common ancestor of two given node in a Binary Tree?
- Finding string is palindrome or not
- Delete all the nodes in a given Binary Tree having path sum from that node to rootless than given value k
Key skills which are checked during technical interview rounds at Adobe
- Problem-solving mentality
- Data structure and Algorithms
- Any one programming language: JAVA, C#, Python, C++
- Design thinking
- Operating System fundamental
HR interview at Adobe
Once the candidate successfully went through technical interview routines at Adobe, he/she is finally called for an HR interview round at Adobe. This round is to understand whether candidate can be fit to the organizational culture. Candidates are asked questions based on their CV, past works, strengths/weaknesses, salary expectation, work situations etc .
Once you finishes are the interviews, you will be intimated on your candidature within 3-4 days for off campus round.
More on Adobe
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Adobe is one of the largest software companies in the world, with revenue of US$11.0 billion. Adobe is public listed company and its stock is traded on the NASDAQ. Adobe is the global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions. Its products are used by millions of people in design, creativity, and marketing industries by companies throughout world. Adobe is a multinational company with offices in almost all major cities in world and global employee strength of 14000+.
List of Adobe products
- Photoshop:Creating and editing photos and graphics on desktop and iPad.
- Lightroom:Photo sharing and editing
- Lightroom Classic: Desktop-focused photo editing.
- Illustrator: Create vector art and illustrations.
- InDesign: Craft elegant layouts at your desk or on-the-go.
- Adobe Premiere Pro: Edit and craft polished films and video.
- Adobe Premiere Rush: Create and share online videos.
- Adobe XD: Design, prototype and share user experiences.
- After Effects: Create motion graphics and visual effects for film, TV, video and web.
- Dreamweaver: Design and develop responsive websites.
- Acrobat Pro DC: The complete PDF solution for today’s mobile connected world (includes desktop, web and mobile access)
- Acrobat Pro 2017: The complete desktop solution for working with PDFs.
- Adobe Fresco:Drawing and painting tool.
- Aero: Designing augmented reality experiences.
- Dimension: Create photorealistic 3D images for branding, product shots and package design.
We hope that this article will help you in preparation and cracking your Adobe interviews. If you need any clarifications or have any questions, please do write in comment below or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are offering interview preparation course for companies like Adobe , Google and Amazon. Please visit Xamnation courses sections for more details. You can mail us your queries on email@example.com regarding courses.
You many also like to visit our interview preparation guides for other tech companies.