According to NGO PRATHAN’S Annual status of Education Reports (ASER). “Only 30% around of children enrolling in class 1 graduate from class 12; and those who do they do not require skills and the major reason behind this is lack of quality of teachers in India.
What should be the quality of teachers?
- He must be sound in his academic subject.
- Practically skilled and trained.
- Should have a wider knowledge.
- Can teach and explain subject to children efficiently.
Did you know RBI Grade B notification come mostly around July-Septeber month. Check our online course for RBI Grade B page
Even NITI Aayog in its report, mention about changing in the traditional way of studies and including quality teachers.
Measures to reform in teacher education:-
- Courses like B.Ed., which is mandatory for becoming teachers. Should be taken as a senior challenge to conduct a timely exam.
- Even teachers should also come under 360° Appraisal program, based on their performance.
- State government should take mandatory steps to stop private and take college who import B.Ed. degrees autonomously.
- Teachers should also give “examination” in their service time to keep up performance.
- 50 hours of continuous development professional training as per National Education Policy should be implemented.
- Higher authorities like DM, District Education Officer and should regularly visit the school to keep a crack in teacher’s performance.
Government initiative to improve the quality of teachers and minimize drop-out:-
- NESTA – Teacher’s training programme by MHRD.
- Sarva Sikhsha Abhiyaan – Implemented in accordance with the right to education to minimize drop-out.
- Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya Schemes – Residential primary schools for girls from SC, ST, UBC and minority to give them education.
- Mid-day Meal – Education with food will lessen the drop-out rate.
- Recommendation of Justice Verma Commission on teacher training program implementation.
Did you know there is one month gap between RBI Grade B notification and RBI Grade B paper 1.Check our RBI Grade B coaching page.
India is one of the fastest moving economies and its future can be more meaningful only when its children can get a better education.
The government should put more focus on teacher training to achieve SDG 4 of Quality education by 2030.