Av computers = 6/Police stations
But Bihar and Assam = 1/Police stations
SOCIAL ATTITUDE– Police forces exhibit frightening prejunctional against women, lower castes and minorities.
¼ Male Personnel–High bias against female colleagues
¼ Female Personnel – Absence of internal committee to report sexual harassment at the workplace.
½ Police Personnel – Muslims are likely to be “naturally prone” to committing crimes.
Do you know pandas dataframes contains hetergenous rows and colums. Learn more facts on pandas dataframes here
MAJOR ISSUES WITH POLICE IN INDIA
- HUGE VACANCIES – Only about 140 policemen/1, 00,000 people.
- OVERBURDEN – Constable works for 14-16 hours.
- RISKS TO LIFE – V high in India
- POLICE INFRASTRUCTURE – Weapons, Vehicles absolute criminals use modern weapons.
- QUALIFICATION AND TRAINING OF POLICE PERSONNEL – Biased 94% of total expenditure on IPS training.
- POLITICIAN OF POLICE – Ex: CBI used by ruling party to file cases against opponents.
- LACK OF COORDINATION – B/w Centre and states.
- CRIMINALISATION OF POLITICS AND POLITICISATION OF CRIME
- INEFFECTIVE – Cyber-crime, Global Terrorism, etc.
- NOT TECHNOLOGY USAGE
STEPS BY GOVERNMENT
- PM at GUHAHATI CONFERENCE of DGp’s in 2014 initiated the concept of SMART Police i.e. Sensitive, Mobile, Alert, Reliable and Techno Survey.
- JANAMAITHRI SURAKSHA in Kerala Beat constables keep regular contact with families.
- MEIRA PAIBI (Torch Bearers) in Manipuri Basti, Guwahati, Assam – Tackle drug abuse among young.
REFORMS FOR SMART POLICE
- INFRASTRUCTURE – Increase no. of police personnel improvement in recruitment, training and service conditions.
- LEGISLATIVE – A single Police Act for Country move police to concurrent list; Statutory Backing for CBI.
- ADMINISTRATIVE – Separation of Investigation from law and order; specialized wings for social and cybercrime.
- TECHNOLOGY –Esp. Cyber security and Counter terrorism
- Modernization of control room.
- Fast-tracking of CLTNS through NATGRID
Since, being a Police officer in India is one of the most difficult, dangerous and idealistic jobs in world; urgent Police reforms are need of hour for a speedy and inexpensive justice delivery system; with technology at top priority.
As PM Modi said,
“I DREAM of a DIGITAL INDIA, where CYBER-SECURITY becomes an integral part of NATIONAL SECURITY.”
Do you know pandas dataframes are used in read and write data from multiple filetpyes likeExcel, CSV, SQL etc. Check out more details on pandas dataframes in our pandas course.