Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana is a government of India initiative to empower deprived sections, aim to achieve integrated development of selected villages by the convergent implementation of all referent control and state scheme. Launched in March 2010, to be implemented in 7000 villages with more than 50% sc population.
The vision of the scheme to empower the weaker section by
- Physical infrastructure – Build the physical infrastructure of the village .
- Village with no –
- Hill scales roads
- No homeless family
- Banking facility
- Communication with internet
- Internal roads with street lights
- Drinking water facility
- Sanitation and environment
- Sanitary toilets and drains
- fulfill “Nirman gam puraskar” Norms
- Plant trees, water harvesting and management of water bodies of the village, use of Renewable energy resources (solar, wind, hydra, etc.) Use of smokeless holes.
- Social infrastructure, Human Development and social harmony.
- Adequate livelihood.
Did you know RBI take entrance test for RBI Grade B manager and RBI Assistant Manager only. Check RBI Grade B coaching page.
Area covered – Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu
- all requisite physical and social infrastructure for socio-economic development.
- Eliminate disparity between SC and noise population in terms of literacy, MMR, ownership.
- Eliminate untouchability discrimination, segregation, atrocities against SC.
The scheme has proved to be very significant in empowering the weaker section of the villages by providing them socio-economical benefits, infrastructure development, elimination of discrimination.
E.g. My own village holds a good example of the effectiveness of the Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana. My village is in Bihar, has proper Gram panchayat working, the good infrastructure of schools, health centres, Panchayat office, etc.
Schemes like PMGVY has uplifted many villages and full dreams of Gandhiji of developing villages (Government of India.)