About Wells Fargo
- Founded in 1852.
- Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational financial services company with corporate headquarters in San Francisco, California
- It is the fourth largest bank in the US by total assets.
- Wells Fargo is ranked number 30 on the 2020 Fortune 500 global rankings, and number 5 in Financial sector.
- Wells Fargo in its present form is a result of a merger between San Francisco–based Wells Fargo & Company and Minneapolis-based Norwest Corporation in 1998 and the subsequent 2008 acquisition of Charlotte-based Wachovia.
- Along with JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, and Citigroup, Wells Fargo is one of the “Big Four Banks” of the United States.
- As of June 2018, it had 7200 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 31 countries globally.
- As on 2020, Wells Fargo has revenue of USD 113 bn and profit of USD 19 bn.
- As on 2020, Wells Fargo employees strength was 266,000 globally. Its India employees strength is about 20,000 located in Hyderbad, Bengaluru and Chennai.
Key Business Areas of Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified financial services company. It has three operating segments: Community Banking, Wholesale Banking, and Wealth and Investment Management. Wells Fargo offers its services under three categories: personal, small business and commercial.
Wells Fargo provides following types of banking services.
- retail banking
- commercial banking
- corporate banking
- wholesale banking
- mortgage banking
- consumer finance
- equipment leasing
- agricultural finance
- commercial finance
- securities brokerage and investment banking
- computer and data processing services
- investment advisory services
- mortgage-backed securities servicing
- venture capital investment
Wells Fargo Hiring process
Candidates can search for open position on wellsfargojobs website. Candidate can filter jobs based on location and job titles. You need to create candidate profile on this website, and apply to job of your choice. Wells Fargo will screen your resume, and their hiring team will call you for the interviews.
Wells Fargo written test
Wells Fargo conducts online written test for its entry level recruitment process.
Wells Fargo aptitude test
Aptitude test contains questions from Numerical Ability and Verbal Ability section. The test is 50 minutes, and candidate need to solve 50 questions in multiple choice format.
Syllabus of Aptitude test for Wells Fargo Interview process
Numerical Ability syllabus for Wells Fargo test
- Number System
- HCF & LCM
- Allegations and Mixtures
- Ratios, Proportion and Averages
- Work and Time
- Series and Progressions
- Time, speed, distance
- Arrangement & Series
- Profit & Loss
- Problem on Ages
- Clocks and Calendar
- Permutations and Combinations
Verbal Ability syllabus for Wells Fargo test
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spotting Error
- Error Correction
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Selection
- Sentence Completion
- One word Substitution
Technical test in Wells Fargo hiring process
Wells Fargo conduct technical test for entry level hiring. For its IT and technical hiring, this test constitute of coding test and coding exam.
Syllabus of Coding test
Object Oriented Programming
- Data base
- Relational database
- Different type of join
- Basic sql operation like select, update, delete, insert etc
- Database lock
- Basic syntax
- Variable and data types
- String, Number, Casting
- Data structure
- Error handling
Coding exam in Wells Fargo interview process
Candidate will be asked to write down pseudo code or full code for a technical problem.
Sample coding exam questions for Wells Fargo interview:
- Write a code to check whether number is prime or not
- String manipulation problem
Note: For profiles other than technical, there will not be any technical round of test. But your technical knowhow (like in Finance, Mortgage sector) will be tested in interview rounds.
Technical interview process at Wells Fargo
Once candidate clear its written test, he/she will be called for technical interview in Wells Fargo office. This round will have multiple round of interviews starting with Team Lead, Program manager etc. Questions asked will be based on profile (Tech profile , analyst profile , mortgage job profiles).
Tips for cracking technical interview process at Wells Fargo
- For entry level professionals, you should brush up your college projects, internships. You also need to brush up your first and second year of syllabus.
- For entry level non tech profiles, you need to have strong communication skills and should have knowledge of basics of mortgage industry.
- For senior non tech profiles, you need to have strong knowledge of mortgage and banking industry. Most of the questions will be based on your last job, and some will be on mortgage sector.
- There can be a small case study for non tech profile. This will be based on finance and mortgage sector.
- Make sure you carry 2-3 copies of your resume.
- Make sure you read about companies and its business in details. You may need to check for what profile/industry are they hiring, and need to do prior research for that sector.
HR interview process at Wells Fargo
Once candidate successfully complete all his/her technical interview rounds, he/she will be interview by HR team. HR team will mostly ask behavioral questions. In entry level hiring, salary is fixed for all types of candidates (for a given position), but for experienced hiring in Wells Fargo, HR will negotiate on salary expectation and other benefits in this round.
Sample HR interview questions at Wells Fargo
- Introduce yourself
- Where I want to see myself after 5 years?
- Question about my schooling; hobbies; stream; college; certifications.
- Why you want to join Wells Fargo?
- Are you flexible in night shifts?
- Are you flexible in relocation?
- What are your hobbies?
In this article, we have seen interview process of Wells Fargo for different types of jobs. Wells Fargo is one of the largest multinational banks, and starting your career with Wells Fargo will give you good international exposure.
If you have any question or query regarding interview process, you can reach out to us.
Xamnation is offering preparation services for Wells Fargo. We have following courses which might interest you.
- Written test preparation for Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo IT job preparation
- Wells Fargo Mortgage job preparation
- Mortgage job course module
You can reach us at email@example.com for more information on our mortgage industry job preparation and course module.
You may like to see: