India with 2nd largest population country has seen the fast-growing and influential economy. Meanwhile, India’s higher education has undergone rapid expansion in the past decades.
on Qs world ranking in top-200 we have few renowned universities like IIT-B, ITT-D, IISC – Bangalore, IIT-M.
Issues with Higher Education system;-
- With a population of 1.3 ton, we have only 23 IIT’s and other NIT’s to give technical education.
- To import knowledge in Humanity, science, arts, commerce, we have limited colleges such as JNU, DU, theUniversity of Madras with limited seats.
- The limited number of family members.
- We don’t have Rand D wing in colleges.
- The student-teacher ratio is not up to the standard level.
- Many colleges still lack laboratories proper infrastructure and world-class facility
- Financing and privatization are major issues in higher education.
- Political Factor is influencing in the higher education system.
Did you know RBI Grade B salary and perks are at par with new IAS. Check out our coaching for RBI Grade B page
Issues with higher education
- New colleges focus on achievement no study.
- Gross enrollment ratio is less in higher education
- No project-based learning
- No common syllabus
- Focus only on-campus selection
- No strategy and planning
- No need to open a new university
- Lack of vocational skill training
Did you know RBI grade B salary and perks includes residence at prime location in cities. Check our RBI Grade B coaching page
Solutions to improve Higher education:-
- Need to bring investment in infrastructure for colleges.
- College syllabus should focus on creativity, research analysis.
- Schemes like Shreyas, to be implemented to make the student capable of employment.
- Need to increase population – college’s ratio in states.
- Teachers’ recruitment and quality assessment should be done regularly.
- The way student givesthe exam, professors should also have their exam, in an interval of 5 to 7 years, to check assessment.
- NIRF and IWF is a good step towards making a foundation for higher education.
- Syllabus and college curriculum should be based on overall development.
There is a need to bring reform in higher education to make our youth more efficient and sustainable in this fast-moving world, there is a need to improve the higher education system.