Under the ambit of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana was launched with an objective to reduce the financial burden on the poor and vulnerable society. Arising out of catastrophic hospitals episodes.
Features of PMJAY-
- Access to quality health services
- Seeks to accelerate India programs towards the achievement of universal health coverage.
- Accelerate to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 3 (SDG 3)
- Well provide financial protection (Swastya Suraksha) to 10.74 crorespoor, deprived rural families and identified categories of urban worker families according to SECC data.
- Provide health care services to 50 crore beneficiaries.
- provide financial assistance on health service Rs.5 Lakh annually per family.
- Health services covered secondary and tertiary health care.
- Participation of public and private hospitals.
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses
- Formation of 1.5 million health care sector.
Challenges of PMJAY –
- Expenditures on Health Care
In Interim budget 2019.The government announced that 2.5% of GDP allocated to health care as compared to us much less.
- Effective Implementation
To provide financial assistance on health implementation it on the unaware rural area is the need of the hour.
- Not coverage of primary health service
- Funding allocation to states.
- WHO reports published in recent which shows that doctors availability to much low account as 1:1000 ratio.
- A huge formation of Health sector needed which was promised by the government to cover all area under PMJAY
If PMJAY is effectively implemented and cover all sector which is under the Ayushman Bharat. It will become the world. Largest fully government is accelerating the objectives of universal health coverage and SDGs.