Attempt following quiz to check your understanding regarding National Health Authority. You are encourage to attempt the quiz first then go through the article.
WHY IN NEWS:
The union government has dissolved the National Health Agency and constituted National Health Authority.
Construction and More about NHA:
- It has been attached to the Ministry of Health and family welfare.
- CEO of NHA will get the rank as the Secretary of GOVT, will have Financial power and Complete administrative control.
- The National Health Authority would be chaired by Union Health Minister and have representation from the Government and domain experts
- NITI ayog CEO and NHA CEO will be also in this governing body.
Why NHA has been constituted
- To enable faster decision-making
- Replacing the multi-layered structure with a simplified structure
- The Authority with a stronger mandate would be able to prevent, detect and control frauds, abuse and redress grievances, thus resulting in the reduction
There are two flagship initiatives under Ayushman Bharat:
1. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY):
- Under this scheme, 1.5 lakh health sub-centres are being converted into health and wellness centres.
- It will bring the healthcare system closer to the people.
- The centres will provide comprehensive healthcare, including treatment for non-communicable diseases and maternal and child health services.
- Besides this, they will also provide free essential drugs and diagnostic services;
- 1200 crore have been allocated for this flagship programme.
- The scheme will cover more than 10 crore poor families, which is approximately 50 crore persons.
- It will also setup wellness centres which will give poor people OPD facility near their homes.
National Health Protection Scheme:
- The National Health Protection Scheme will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families.
- It will provide coverage up to 5 lakh rupees per family, per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
If not already attempted the quiz above, attempt now
On basis of above article attempt following Descriptive Question
Write about the National Health Authority and how the NHA will help in the implementation of AYUSHMAN BHARAT YOJANA?
To download detailed article click here