National Highways Investment Promotion Cell (NHIPC).
- Created by National Highways Authority of India
- NHIPC is required for attracting domestic and foreign investment
- focus on engaging with global institution investors, construction companies, developers and fund managers for building investor participation in road infrastructure projects
- work in close co-ordination with various departments and ministries as well as various apex Business chambers such as CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM
- Fund will be used for Bharatmala Pariyojan.
Do you know AI and ML are hottest buzzwords and often used interchangeably, but there is significant difference between these two. Learn complete details on concepts of AI and ML here
- Target of constructing 35, 000 km of National Highways in the next five years which requires an investment of Rs. 5.35 lakh crore
- It is the second largest highway construction project after NHDP under which 50, 000 km of highways roads were targeted.
- Roads built under the project would include state highways, national highways and some state roads across the country.
- Subsume all existing highway projects including the flagship National Highways Development Project (NHDP), launched by the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in 1998
- National Highways Development Programme (NHDP) was launched in 1998 with the objective of developing roads of international standards which facilitate smooth flow of traffic.
- Agencies doing construction: National Highways Authority of India, National Highway and Industrial Development Corporation and State Public Works Department
Do you know AI and ML are considered same, but actually ML is subset of AI. Want to learn machine learning and Artificial Intelligence, click here