In the new age, technology would carry information of ours in present online and anyone can access it with a click of a button.
- New players like Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter etc. have made our world a smaller place and move interconnected.
- But it has also led to privacy breaches where big – tech companies have sold personal data of citizens for billion dollars.
- The recent Cambridge Analysis and Google and one plus controversy has raised the fundamentals question of how bleak the very idea of privacy is for these companies.
- Companies for personal information like – contacts – e-mail – D.B to use their seminars and as such user is forced to provide it.
- This info gets stored permanently in companies’ data access will if user data his/her account.
- The companies then all this data to other brands, institutions and them a targeted advertisement of products, duties are shown caused do that user.
- Such previous data can also be sold to the government, who can vigilance on people or can interfere with duties.
Do you know AI and ML are hottest buzzwords and often used interchangeably, but there is significant difference between these two. Learn complete details on concepts of AI and ML here
Way forwarded: –
- Effective legislation at the National level to store data in a country itself is needed.
- Companies should be fined heavily if such an incident does occur.
Therefore, there is a very fine line blow data breach and privacy of the individual which should be protected at any cost.