The government has launched SPM and M with an objective of developing rural clusters into ‘small villages’ after smart cities that provide civic facilities and sustainable spaces for socio-economic action. It is a successor of PURA (Provision of Urban Amenities to Rural area).
Salient features of SPMRM:-
- This mission will develop a cluster of smart villages known as “Urban”.
- This mission aims to target 300 clusters over 3 years with a focus on the PPP(Public-Private Partnership) model and scheme funds.
- The GCF (Centre Gap Funding) is 60:40 and Clan area is 90:10 for Himalayan and NE States.
- 24/7 water supply
- adequate street lights
- LPG supply
- Solid and liquid waste management
see all WHAT IS TRIPLE TALAQ BILL ?
- Development in housing and sanitation, water and waste management would be improved.
- school infrastructure up-gradation
- Focus on tribal population too which had little focus earlier.
Address the issue of migration
- Villagers develop
- New opportunities of livelihood would unlock.
Agriculture –improve productivity which would be reflected in our GDP inc.
- Issues of higher mortality rate and malnutrition in kids would be address
- Open various Health Care.
Enhance the basic services and create a well planned urban cluster, and provides fastly in the village because crowding in urban are increasing day by day.