In this article, we will cover major essay topics on Science and Technology section, relevant to competitive exams in 2020.
Science and Technology is one of the most common subjects being asked in lots of competitive exams. Here is list of competitive exams where Science and Technology subject is asked. Its questions are generally found in General Awareness (including General Knowledge and current affairs) and sometimes in Essay writing.
- UPSC Civil Services – Prelims and GS3 papers
- RBI Grade B
- Nabard Grade A/B officer
- SSC CGL
- IBPS and SBI PO/SO/Clerk
- State PSC
UPSC and State PSC has dedicated paper in General studies for Science and Technology (for example GS paper 3 in UPSC includes this). Likewise, lot of competitive exams has science and technology essay questions in their descriptive English paper.
See also: Economics essay topics for Bank exams
We will cover most probable essay topics that can come in Science and Technology section. These Science and Technology essay topics are related to current news and events, and they can be referred from latest current affairs. We recommend you to follow latest current affairs sources like PIB and follow Department of Science and Technology website and popular news papers like Hindu for following more information on Science and Technology essay topics. Lots of these questions are related to emerging and latest technology like AI, Blockchain, it is good to follow latest happening in these fields, especially how these technologies are impacting different government supply chains.
Essay topics in Science and Technology
- Discuss the significance of space power for India.
- What do you understand by ‘frontier technologies’? Discuss the possible impact of frontier technologies on developing countries like India.
- Discuss how Artificial Intelligence can be used to meet India’s socio-economic needs.
- What do you understand by Quantum Supremacy? What can be the possible applications of quantum computing?
- Commercialization of Space
- E-commerce as a new form of trade and its challenges to India.
- Age of Big Data
- Privacy is the fountainhead of all other rights
- Impact of Technology on Human Relations and Human Productivity
- Impact of Digital Revolution on Human Wellbeing
- What do you understand by Darknet? Examine the issues and security concerns associated with it
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower
- Problem of fake news in media
- Can Blockchain technology improves our Agriculture production and marketing
How to write a good Science and Technology essay
- Follow PIB , Ministry of Science and Technology for latest news and notifications
- Follow leading technical magazines like Nature, CIO, Digit, PC World for latest articles.
- Keep yourself updated with editorial from newspapers and magazine technology sections
Key points when attempting Science and Technology essay topics
- You need to write essay within 250 words.
- Make sure to work on good starting and ending line. First and last impression should be good to get extra marks.
- Support your argument with facts or real cases.
- Try avoiding fictitious stories and unnecessary arguments in essay
- Avoid long sentences. Go for smaller and crisp statements.
- Check your English. No English errors like spell mistakes, grammar or punctuation mistakes.
- Read it atleast 2 times after writing
In this article, we have covered important essay topics in Science and Technology. We will keep on updating this page. So stay tuned and bookmark this page for future.
You can share your essay answer to us. We will personally review your essay and will share appropriate feedback.
If in case you need any clarification or have suggestions, please do comment in discussion thread below or write us mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Xamnation is India’ leading online learning platform for government exams preparation and campus placements. We are offering live classes, online material and test series for various exams and courses. Please check Xamnation courses for our online courses.
Check our main courses: