Last Updated on
In this article, we will cover major essay topics on Economics subject, relevant to competitive exams in 2020.
Economics is one of the most common subjects being asked in lots of competitive exams. Here is list of competitive exams where an economics subject is asked.
- UPSC Civil Services – Prelims and GS3 papers
- RBI Grade B and RBI Assistant
- Nabard Grade A/B officer and Nabard development Officer
- SEBI Grade A
- SSC CGL
- IBPS and SBI PO/SO/Clerk
- State PSC
Almost all of these exams conduct a written essay writing test in one of its paper. For example, in GS paper 3 of UPSC Civil Services, you need to analyze and write on topics mentioned from Economics, Environment, Science and Technology, Bio diversity etc. Likewise in paper like RBI Grade B and Nabard Grade A, you have English paper in main tests, where you will be asked questions based on Economics subject.
We will cover most probable essay topics that can come from Economics subject. These Economics essay topics are related to current news and events, and they can be referred from latest current affairs. We recommend you to follow latest current affairs sources like PIB and popular news papers like Hindu for following more information on economics essay topics. All of these topics consists of one and more economics concepts, so you need to brush up your economics books, so that you can relate these topics with core economics concepts.
Essay topics in Economics for UPSC Civil Services GS 3
- Privatizing profit making public sector enterprises, good or bad idea?
- Low wage and income inequality remains key factors in India’s development story
- Is inflation based monetary policy good for India
- Financial literacy is key to financial inclusion
- WTO policies worked against the interest of emerging nations like India
- Are we going to see regional trade blocs rather than global trade organization?
Learn more: RCEP trade bloc
- Higher disposable income for the poor can have positive multiplier effects in the economy
- India’s huge energy import bill, and way out from it
- MSME sector act as tool for poverty eradication. Discuss.
Learn more: Schemes on MSME sectors
- Fiscal deficit vs Growth: Government big dilemma
- Why is India opposing global rules on E-commerce in the WTO negotiations?
- The ‘ease of doing business index’ is not the true reflection of business activity in the country. Comment. Also suggest the policy measures taken to improve business activity in India.
- Immigration is Not a Threat, but Fundamentally it’s an Economic Issue
- Trade Wars – Economic or Geopolitical?
- Poverty anywhere is a threat to prosperity everywhere
- Can open market operations like Operation Twist help in achieving economic growth of country
Learn more: Operation Twist by RBI
How to write a good economics essay
- Make sure that you have covered basic understanding of micro and macro economics.
- Read NCERT class 11 and 12 books on economics for reference
- Follow PIB , Ministry of Finance and RBI website for latest news and notifications
- Follow global organizations like IMF, World Bank, etc for their latest reports
- Keep yourself updated with editorial from newspaper like Hindu Business Line, ET etc
Key points when attempting economics essay topics
- You need to write essay within 250 words.
- Make sure to work on good starting and ending line. First and last impression should be good to get extra marks.
- Support your argument with facts or real cases.
- Try avoiding fictitious stories and unnecessary arguments in essay
- Avoid long sentences. Go for smaller and crisp statements.
- Check your English. No English errors like spell mistakes, grammar or punctuation mistakes.
- Read it atleast 2 times after writing
In this article, we have covered important essay topics. We will keep on updating this page. So stay tuned and bookmark this page for future.
You can share your essay answer to us. We will personally review your essay and will share appropriate feedback.
If in case you need any clarification or have suggestions, please do comment in discussion thread below or write us mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Xamnation is India’ leading online learning platform for government exams preparation and campus placements. We are offering live classes, online material and test series for various exams and courses. Please check Xamnation courses for our online courses.
Check our main courses: