The National Startup Awards seek to recognize and reward outstanding startups and ecosystem enablers that are building innovative products or solutions and scalable enterprises, with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation, demonstrating measurable social impact. The measure of success will not only be the financial gains for the investors but also the contribution to the social good.
Awards Overview – Startups:-
- A cash prize of Rs. 5 lakhs shall be awarded to one winning Startup in each of the Sub-sectors.
- The winner and four Runner ups shall be given opportunities to present their solutions to relevant public authorities and corporate for potential pilot projects and work orders
- The Winners and Runners up shall be given priority for participation in various National and International Startup events sponsored by DPIIT.
The Eligibility Criteria for Startups is as follows:-
- The entity should be a DPIIT-recognized startup. The entity must submit their certificate of incorporation or partnership deed
- The entity must have hardware or software product or a process solution that is present in the market
- The entity must have all applicable trade trade-specific registrations (example: CE, FSSAI, MSME, GST Registration, etc.)
- There should not have been any default in the last three years (FY 2016-17, 17-18, 18-19) by the entity or any of its promoters or any of their group entities.
- The entity must submit Audited Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Account) for the last three financial years (FY 2016-17, 17-18, 18-19)