Department of Rural Development released the ranking of 50,000 Gram Panchayats under Mission Antyodaya.
Ranking of Gram Panchayats on following parameters
- Infrastructure Parameters
- Economic development and Livelihood
- Health, nutrition, and sanitation
- Women Empowerment
- Financial Inclusion
- 1st : Tellapur gram-panchayat in Telangana
- 2nd: Parapatla in Andhra Pradesh.
- Most developed Panchayat
- 33 panhcayats are from Andhra Pradesh
- 21 from Tamil Nadu.
About Mission Antyodaya
- (मिशन अंत्योदय ) > Rise of person at lowest in the social strata
Reason to bring Mission Antyodaya
- Multiple layers of planning, administration and resource allocation to tackle deprivations was leading to suboptimal results.
- Non-uniform criteria for selecting poor beneficiaries of schemes leading to different schemes targeting different individuals/households resulting in under-utilization of capacity and sub-optimal outcomes.
- Multidimensionality of poverty can be tackled by optimizing the efforts through inter-sectoral approach, i.e. convergence of schemes
- To Converge government program/schemes with Gram Panchayats(GP) or House Holds
- Following a saturation approach by pooling resources – human and financial – to ensure sustainable livelihoods.
- Planning as per the region and need specific of the particulate region by involving GP at planning level
Implementation of MISSION ANTYODAYA
- 5,000 Clusters comprising of nearly 50,000 Gram Panchayats have been selected by the States purposively for implementing the ‘Mission Antyodaya’ Framework. Most of these GPs are also in the backward districts of the country.
- Selected GP covered under schemes such as ODF, DAY NRLM, Mission Water Conservation, SAGY/ Rurban Cluster, Award Winning GPs, crime/dispute free GPs or specific purpose GPs.
- Partnerships with a network of professionals, institutions like,
- PRIs, community organizations, NGOs, SHGs institutions and field-level functionaries of different departments (e.g., ASHA Workers, Aanganwadi Workers, ANMs, etc.).
- Financial and Social audit at a grassroot level
- Convergence of frontline worker teams, cluster resource persons (CRP) and professionals at the Gram Panchayats/ Cluster level
- End to end targeting by use of technology to ensure that benefits reach those who are most deserving as per SECC data
- Over 25 departments and ministries of Central and State Governments will be participating in this Mission
- The data from different schemes would be put in public domain for complete transparency.