Last Updated on
- On 19 January 2018, India has joined the Australia Group (AG), which seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons. (India =43rd member) Already member of two export control regimes – MTCR and Wassenaar
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), announced the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners. Aimed to create awareness program on the importance of cybersecurity; a series of workshops on best practices. first public-private partnership in this field.
- Govt announces names of nine more smart cities. Silvassa from Dadar & Nagar Haveli, has topped the Round 4 winning cities of National Smart Cities Challenge.
- To empower Persons with Disabilities, 100 Accessible websites of various State Governments/UTs under Accessible India Campaign were launched by the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment. These are launched on the occasion of ‘National Conference on Improving Accessibility’. Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) initiated a “Website Accessibility Project” for State Government/Union Territories
- Maitre-2, the second passenger bus from Agartala, Tripura to Kolkata via Dhaka is started. The first Maitre bus service was launched in the year 2015.
- Axis Bank partners NGO Srijan to mentor IIM graduates. through an initiative called Buddha Fellowship Programme
- Mauritius was the largest source of foreign investment in India, followed by the US and the UK, Singapore and Japan.
- Former Gujarat chief minister Anandiben Patel has been named the next Madhya Pradesh Governor.
- Union Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs (MoHUA) launched the Liveability index to rate 116 Indian cities. Index aims to measure quality of life in 99 smart cities, capital cities and those with a population of over one million. It is funded by the World Bank and ranking of these cities is expected to be ready by June 2018.
- Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has launched National CSR Data Portal & Corporate Data Portal for bringing accountability and transparency for corporate India. Aim to provide easy accessibility to general public and also ensure high level of compliance. It will also help in institutionalising and consolidating the CSR activities.
- 2018 as National Year of Millets to boost production of the nutrient-rich millets and the sunrise agri industry involved in it. Earlier in November 2017, India had forwarded proposal to United Nations (UN) for declaring year 2018 as ‘International Year of Millets’. Millet require low or no purchased inputs, thus they are backbone for dry land agriculture
- Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) has crossed one crore mark in antenatal check-ups. launched in 2016 to ensure comprehensive and quality antenatal checkups to pregnant women across country. Scheme implemented by Health Ministry to provide free health check-ups to pregnant women.
- Mangalajodi Eco tourism Trust in Odisha has won prestigious United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Award for Innovation in Tourism Enterprise at 14th UNWTO Awards ceremony held in Madrid, Spain.
- India’s first automatic Early Warning Dissemination System (EWDS) will be commissioned by March 2018 in Odisha.
- Maharashtra Government has approved Nanaji Deshmukh Krishi Sanjivani Yojna, a Rs.4,000-crore project aimed at promoting climate-resilient agriculture
- India announced setting up of $350 million Solar Development Fund for financing solar projects under the International Solar Alliance (ISA).Announced by Minister of Power and New and Renewable Energy R K Singh at first ever ISA outreach programmes ‘International Solar Alliance Forum’ held in Abu Dhabi’s World Future Energy Summit (WFES) 2018.
- Banking finance company AU Small Finance Bank has signed an MoU with LIC to offer Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY). company will also offer loans under government’s affordable housing and subsidy schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
Quiz on Daily Current Affairs (Jan 20, 2017)
Q1: Which of the following country has become the 43rd member of the Australia Group (AG) which seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons?
- South Korea
Q2: Which of the following city tops the List of Cities selected in Round 4 of Smart Cities?
Q3: How many cities are selected in Round 4 of Smart Cities selection
Q4: Which of the following bank partners NGO Srijan to mentor IIM graduates?
- Axis Bank
Q5: According to RBI which of the following country is the largest source of FDI in India?
Q6: Who has been appointed Governor of Madhya Pradesh?
- Shriniwas Patil
- Anandiben Patel
- Jagdish Mukhi
- Balram Das Tandon
- Ganga Prasad
Q7: What is the main feature of Cyber Surakshit “Bharat initiative” which was launched by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology?
- To aware about the Cyber security
- To increase penetration of Internet.
- To spread internet to Gram Panchayat
- Educate people about internet.
- None of the Above
Q8: What is the name of the trans-border passenger bus service between India and Bangladesh?
Q9: Which is the capital of Dadar & Nagar Haveli?
Q10: Which country’s team has won the 5th edition of Blind Cricket World Cup 2018?
- Sri Lanka
Q11: Which Union minister has launched National CSR Data Portal & Corporate Data Portal?
- Narendra Modi
- Rajnath Singh
- Prakash Javadekar
- Arun Jaitley
- Suresh Prabhu
Q12: In how many cities the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep S Puri, announced commencement of the Liveability Index Programme?
- 116 Indian cities
- 115 Indian cities
- 114 Indian cities
- 113 Indian cities
- 103 Indian cities
Q13: To strengthen the cyber security, What is the initiative launched by the Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology K J Alphons?
- Cyber Relationship Framework
- Cyber security Policy Initiative
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative
- Cyber security Standardization
- Cyber Subharna Bharat initiative
Q14: Which State Government approved Rs 4000 crore – Nanaji Deshmukh Krishi Sanjivani Yojna?
- Himachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
Q15: How many total websites are launched during the occasion of ‘National Conference on Improving Accessibility’ for Divyangs to empower the disabled persons in all over the country?
Q16: What is Maitre-2?
- Defence drill
Q17: Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched the National Corporate Social Responsibility Data Portal in New Delhi which will be able to assist in_______, making Indian corporate sector socially responsible?
- Equity Market & Currency Market
- Social audits or projects
- All the above
- None of these