Last Updated on
- The star-rating initiative (launched in Goa), developed by the Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban will be rating cities on a 7-star rating system based on multiple cleanliness indicators.
- ODF(Open Defecation Free) before it could be given rating of 3 star or above
- cities may self-declare themselves as 1-star, 2-star or 4-star, MoHUA will carry out an additional verification through an independent third party to certify cities as 3-star, 5-star or 7-star
- Recertified themselves every year.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched Girl Child Week programme (from 18 January to 24 January 2018). 24 January is celebrated as National Girl Child Day.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) has acquired the government’s shareholding of 51.11% per cent in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- German auto major Mercedes-Benz unveiled a BS-VI-compliant S Class produced at its Pune facility, more than two years ahead of the government deadline of April 2020 for switching to new emission norms.
- The CBI has registered 22 cases against officials of Punjab National Bank relating to fraud in bank loans processed by them on the basis of forged documents causing a loss of over Rs. 80 crore to the bank.
- Sanctum Wealth Management report says India will overtake China to be the fastest growing large economy in 2018 and the country’s equity market will become the fifth largest in the world.
- Om Prakash Rawat (currently Election Commissioner) has been appointed as the next Chief Election Commissioner, replacing outgoing Achal Kumar Joti.
- Use and sales of imported petroleum coke without permission is banned in National Capital Region as per order of Environment Ministry. Can be bought for self consumption only.
- India first all women team of INSV , Tarini crosses Cape Horn, Chile.
- Second indigenously built offshore patrol vessel (OPV) named Vijaya built by Larsen and Toubro (L&T) Shipyard for Indian Coast Guard (ICG) was launched at Kattupalli Shipyard, Tamil Nadu. expected to be inducted into service by September 2018 after trials on the equipment.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has felicitated 112 exceptional women achievers (‘FIRST LADIES’) at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi. This ‘First Ladies’ is second leg of the ‘100 Women Achievers’ campaign of the Ministry.
- Award given to: Bachendri Pal: first Indian woman to reach the Mount Everest summit;
- Deepa Malik: first woman to win a medal at the Paralympics; etc.
Daily Current Affair Quiz
In which state Minister of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs launched the ‘Protocol for Star Rating of Garbage-Free Cities’?
- Himachal Pradesh
Who among the following launched Girl Child Week programme to celebrate the girl child and spread awareness on gender equality?
- Vasundhara Raje
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Manohar Parriker
- Yogi Aditya Nath
- Arvind Kejriwal
National Girl Child Day is celebrated on which of the following date?
- 24 January
- 21 January
- 18 January
- 20 January
- 25 January
Which of the following company has acquired the government’s shareholding of 51.11 per cent in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)?
- Reliance Petroleum
- Indian Oil Cooperation
Which of the following company unveiled a BS-VI-compliant S Class produced at its Pune facility?
- Mercedes Benz
- Ford Motors
Question Against which Bank’s officials, CBI has registered 22 cases relating to fraud in bank loans processed by them?
- Punjab National Bank
- State Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
According to a Sanctum Wealth Management report, Which country will overtake China to be the fastest growing large economy.
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
According to a Sanctum Wealth Management report, when will India overtake China to be the fastest growing large economy?
Who among the following has been appointed as the next Chief Election Commissioner?
- Achal Kumar Jyoti
- Om Prakash Rawat
- Ashok Lavasa
- Bhaskar Khulbe
- S K Sinha