The transgender persons ( protection of rights ) bill, 2019 was passed on parliament on November’26 under the bill, the transgender is defined as a person whose gender does not match the one assigned at with.
Salient features of the bill:-
- The bill prohibits discrimination against the trans people in fields like employment, health, education, housing facilities, health care by other services.
- The bill allows the self-perception of gender identity.
- The bill aims to protect the rights of transgender persons by granting these their due recognitions and making need full precision for them.
- The bill strongly focusses a transgender and rabies and very little empresses to the gender queue, intersect communities.
- The bill also did not provide any recourse a transgender person could take in case the district Magistrate refuses to recognize a transgender as refuses to uses a certificate.
70% of rejection happened as applicants were too trendy while attending an interview. Check out Xamnation mock interview online pack.
The provision under the bill is not satisfied with the trans person and the community. They allege that the bill fakes away their right to self-identification of gender.
At the heart of the issues bill is social pre-judges of trans problem, useless this is addressed at a basic societal level, no law will be able to empower the marginalized and persecuted transgender community.
Xamnation is India’ leading online learning platform for government exams preparation and campus placements. We are offering live classes, online material and test series for various exams and courses. Please check Xamnation courses for our online courses.
Check our main courses: