EY or Ernst and Young is one of the leading professional consulting firm in the world. It is one of the members of Big 4 group. Ernst & Young provides audit, tax, business risk, technology and security risk services, and human capital services worldwide.
In our article related to interview process at EY, we have shared complete information on hiring, various types of tests and preparation tips for cracking various rounds.
In this article, we will share you most common questions that are asked in Technical interview process in EY.
Frequently asked questions in technical interview round in EY
Technical interview (Accounts)
- What do you mean by assessment year?
- What are the objectives of internal audit?
- What do you understand by total income?
- How many heads are there under total income?
- How will you decide the residential status of an individual?
- Who are resident but not ordinary resident?
- What is tax refund?
- What is capital gain? Explain long term capital gains and how is it different from short term capital gains?
- What is the securities transaction tax?
- Why do you want to work in audit?
- Explain about cross functional audits?
- What are audit control procedures?
- What is alternative minimum tax (AMT)?
- What do you mean by amortization and impairment?
- What is intercompany reconciliation?
- What is CARO 2003? What do you mean by management audit?
Technical interview (IT)
- Define RDBMS and Nosql
- Suggest a method of joining two tables.
- What do you mean by “normalization”?
- What is object oriented model?
- Why is DML provided?
- Where do we generally create INDEX?
- What are the advantages to use stored procedures?
- Do you think BCNF is better than 2NF & 3NF? Why?
- Give me a SQL Query to find out the second largest company?
- Discuss transparent DBMS?
- What is the difference between exclusive lock and shared lock?
- Which bit wise operator is suitable for checking whether a particular bit is on or off?
- What is the difference between a string copy (strcpy) and a memory copy (memcpy)? When should each be used?
- How can I remove the trailing spaces from a string?
- What is synchronization and why is it important?
- What are the responsibilities of Data Link Layer?
- Why can’t constant values be used to define an array initial size?
- What is the purpose of garbage collection in Java, and when is it used?
- What is the difference between an Interface and an Abstract class?
- You have a Cisco mesh network. What protocol allows multiple APs to connect with many redundant connections between nodes?
- In which numbering system can the binary number 1011011111000101 be easily converted to?
In this article, we have shared you latest list of technical interview round questions in EY. If you have any confusion or need clarification, please feel free to contact us. This article is prepared from multiple rounds of candidates who have recently taken EY interviews and from online forums.
We are offering interview preparation and practice test modules for clearing EY hiring process. You will get practice quizzes and learning material on various written test rounds, mock interviews from senior professionals from consulting industry, cv review and many more. Do reach us at email@example.com to know more.