SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) has come up with the recruitment of Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) profile.
SEBI Assistant Manager Recruitment
SEBI is recruiting for Grade A officer profile. Below are the various profiles for which it is recruiting.
SEBI Assistant Manager Recruitment 2020 – Important dates
- On-Line Application and Payment of fee On-Line– March 07, 2020 to March 23, 2020
- Availability of Call Letters on SEBI website (for On-Line Examinations) – Will be intimated by email/SMS
- Phase I On-Line Examination– April 12, 2020
- Phase II On-Line Examination – May 03, 2020
- Phase III Interview : Will be communicated later
Eligibility criteria for SEBI Grade A officer recruitment
Age criteria for SEBI Grade A manager
- Upper age of candidate is 30 years as on Feb 20, 2020 (date of birth on or after March 01, 1990)
- 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST , ex servicemen and J&K domicile (born on or after March 1, 1985)
- 3 years age relaxation for OBC Non Creamy Later candidates (born on or after March 1, 1987)
- 10 years age relaxation for PwBD candidates. Relaxation of 13 (thirteen) years for PwBD (OBC) candidates. Relaxation of 15 (thirteen) years for PwBD (SC/ST) candidates
Different vacancies for SEBI Grade A manager recruitment
SEBI Assistant Manager General Profile
There are 80 vacancies in the general profile.
- Unreserved seats – 32
- OBC – 22
- SC – 12
- ST – 6
- EWS – 8
Education qualification required for General profile
Each of the candidates should have one of the following educational qualifications.
- Master’s degree in any discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Chartered accountant
- Company secretary
- Chartered financial analyst
- Cost and work account
Sebi Assistant Manager Legal Profile
There are 34 vacancies in legal profile
- Unreserved seats –12
- OBC – 12
- SC – 6
- ST –2
- EWS – 2
Each of the candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in law
Sebi Assistant Manager Information technology Profile
There are 22 vacancies in legal profile
- Unreserved seats – 8
- OBC – 8
- SC – 3
- ST – 2
- EWS -1
Each of the candidates should have passed out of following streams
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Masters in Computer Application
- Graduate in any discipline with post graduation qualification(min 2 years) in computers/information technology
Sebi Assistant Manager Engineering (Civil) Profile
There are 1 vacancies in legal profile
- SC – 1
Each of the candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
Sebi Assistant Manager Engineering (Electrical) Profile
There are 4 vacancies in legal profile
- Unreserved seats –2
- OBC – 1
- SC – 1
Each of the candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Sebi Assistant Manager Official Language Profile
There are 1 vacancies in legal profile
- Unreserved seats –1
Each of the candidates should have Master’s Degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s
Degree level or Master’s Degree in Sanskrit / English / Economics / Commerce with Hindi as a subject at Bachelor’s Degree level
Sebi Assistant Manager Research Profile
There are 5 vacancies in legal profile
- Unreserved seats –3
- OBC – 1
- ST – 1
Each of the candidates should have Master’s Degree in Statistics / Economics / Commerce / Business Administration (Finance) / Econometrics
Note 1: A Post Graduate Diploma in any discipline will be acceptable as educational requirement for General
stream and a Post Graduate Diploma in Statistics / Economics / Commerce / Business Administration (Finance)
/ Econometrics will be acceptable as educational requirement for Research Stream, provided the same is
recognized as equivalent to a Master’ Degree in that discipline by Govt. of India. The onus to provide necessary
document in this regard shall be on the candidates.
Note 2: Candidates are permitted to apply for maximum of 2 streams only for which he/she is eligible to apply,
as per their educational qualifications. Separate on-line application for each stream will have to be submitted
and requisite fees is to be paid for each application. In case a candidate applies more than once in a Single
Stream and/ or applies for more than 2 Streams, only the latest applications shall be considered valid and the
other applications shall be rejected. The officers recruited in any stream may be posted to any department of
SEBI, irrespective of their streams.
Paper pattern for SEBI Assistant Manager
SEBI assistant manager will have 3 round of exams – phase 1, phase 2 and interview.
SEBI assistant manager phase 1 paper pattern
Phase 1 is online screening exam, containing 200 questions to be solved in 120 minutes. Candidates need to score minimum 40% in each of different subjects to qualify for next stage.
General Stream syllabus for Phase 1 (100 minutes and 200 marks mcq based paper)
- Paper 1: General Awareness, English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning
- Paper 2: Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics
For other streams (100 minutes and 200 marks mcq questions)
- Paper 1: Same as General stream
- Paper 2: Based on area of specialization
- For Research profile paper 2 will be based on Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce
Cut off and paper pattern for SEBI Grade A phase 1
- Negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for the Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase I.
- Cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off) and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (ii) above as well as
aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase II.
- Marks obtained in Phase I shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates
SEBI assistant manager phase 2 paper pattern
i. Candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be issued new Hall Tickets.
ii. For candidates who have applied in multiple streams, Paper II will be conducted in various shifts, the timings of which will be intimated in the Hall Ticket.
iii. There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase II (except IT stream for which details shall be informed in due course).
iv. There shall be a cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2 in Phase II.
v. Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (iv) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in P
SEBI assistant manager interviews
People who have cleared aggregate as well as individual cut offs will be called for Interview round. Candidates can opt for an interview in either English or Hindi. Final selection for SEBI Grade A officer will be based on the performance of phase 2 (85% marks) and interview (15% marks).
SEBI assistant manager – Job profile
SEBI assistant manager is an entry-level position for a managerial role. Once selected and given a final offer, a candidate can be posted in any location/department (subject to availability) in India. Candidate will be on 2 years’ probation and will be regularized after successful completion of probation period.
Salary and other perks for SEBI assistant manager
The pay scale of officers in Grade A is Rs. 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)-46600-EB-1750(4)-53600- 2000(1)-55600 (17 years).
Presently, the gross emolument including SEBI’s Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. Rs. 1,07,000/- p.m. without accommodation and Rs. 73,000/- p.m. with accommodation.
Other benefits viz., Leave Fare Concession, Medical Expenses, Eye Refraction, Education Allowance, Financial Dailies, Book Grant, Briefcase, Conveyance Expenses, House Cleaning Allowance, Staff Furnishing Scheme, Scheme for Purchasing Computers, Subsidized Lunch Facility and all other benefits as admissible to an Officer in Grade A in SEBI.
Residential accommodation would be provided subject to availability.
SEBI assistant manager syllabus
Click here for detailed SEBI grade a syllabus and recommended study resources.
In this article, we have shared recruitment notice details for SEBI Grade A officer (Assistant manager) profile. Students can also check SEBI website to check other important details for application.
We are offering online coaching for SEBI assistant manager profile. Do contact us at 9988708161 or write us at rakesh@xamnation to know more on this.