Students have lot of confusions regarding RBI Grade B eligibility criteria. Lot of people are confused whether they are within the age bracket, some students are confused whether education degree which they are holding is enough to meet the RBI Grade B eligibility criteria. We have created a detailed checklist of whether a student is eligible or not.
Nationality criteria for RBI Grade B
1) Application need to be an Indian citizen
2) Subjects from Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetian migrated before 1 January 1962 or person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and Eastern African countries. In such cases, proper certificate issued by Indian government is needed
Age criteria for RBI Grade B
1) Candidate should be between 21-30 years old.
2) Candidate age is measured till date of notification.
3) Candidate possessing M.Phil or PhD, upper age is relaxed till 32 and 34 years respectively.
Age criteria relaxation
|Type of student||Age bracket|
|Ex-bank employees (termination of services due to economic reason)||21-35 years|
|Candidate belonging to Jammu and Kashmir (domicile between 1980-89)||21-35 years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service||21-35 years|
|ECOs/SSCOs who have completed
an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service
|Person with disabilities||21-40 years|
|Candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in Public Sector including RBI||21-33 years|
Did you know that RBI hires its managers from RBI Grade B exam. Check RBI Grade B course page for more details
Education qualification criteria for RBI Grade B
1) A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations. To have RBI Grade B eligibility minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s degree will be in aggregate for all semesters / years.
2) The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification from a foreign university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities to meet RBI Grade B eligibility.
3) In case, the university where a candidate has studied is giving CGPA, then the candidate needs to score minimum of 6.75 (out of 10) CGPA and 5.75 (out of 10) for SC/ST/PWD candidates. If the university is awarding CGPA out of number other than 10, then the cut off will be normalized from above to have RBI Grade B eligibility
Did you know your interest and saving rates are decided by RBI monetary policy. Check RBI Grade B course page for more details.
Number of attempts allowed in RBI Grade B
1) For General Category students, maximum attempts in appearing for phase 1 exam are 6.
2) No such limit for other students.
frequently asked questions regarding RBI Grade B eligibility criteria.
Question: Are M.Tech students eligible to apply for the RBI Grade B exam?
Answer: Yes, M.Tech students are eligible for this exam.
Question: Is an M.Phil through distance learning eligible for RBI Grade B?
Answer: Yes, M.Phil though distance learning is eligible for RBI Grade B. You will get age relaxation of 2 years.
Question: Are mechanical engineers eligible to give RBI B grade exam?
Answer: Yes, mechanical engineers (or any engineering degree holder) are eligible for RBI Grade B
Question: Is a B.Sc general graduate eligible for the RBI exam?
Answer: Yes, B.SC graduate are eligible for RBI Grade B exam.
Question: Is final year student eligible for giving RBI exam?
Answer: If you are above 21 years old, have got marks in final semester and can show your degree completion certificate at RBI Grade B interview, you can apply. If you think, you cannot produce any of the 3, you should not apply.
Question: Is a company secretary eligible to give an RBI grade B exam?
Answer: If you have graduate degree from recognized university, you can apply.
Question: My final semester examination (BE) results are expected to be declared by June. Am I eligible for the RBI Grade B Exam 2018?
Answer: RBI Grade B notification came on May 2018. Since, you do not overall scorecard, you do not have RBI Grade B Elegibility.
Question: If someone has 60%+ in 10th, 12th and post graduation but less than 60% in graduation, is he/she eligible for RBI grade B exam?
Answer: No, you are not eligible
Question: Are year-back students with a 60% aggregate eligible for RBI Grade B?
Answer: Yes, you are eligible to sit in the exam. If you can make it till interview round, they are going to ask for gap in education, you need to prepare for it.
Question: Is a person eligible for an RBI grade B, if he fails in class 12 in his first attempt?
Answer: Yes, you are eligible
Question: Currently, I am working in a PSB as a clerk with 5 years’ experience. Am I eligible for age relaxation for the RBI Grade B exam?
Answer: Yes, you are eligible for age relaxation upto 33 years (general category).
Question: Is a B. Com graduate with 61.6% eligible for an RBI grade B post without a master’s degree?
Question: Is my friend (Gen Category) with less than 60% in BA but 68% in MA eligible for RBI Grade B officer exam?
For recorded material, Visit online study material and test series for RBI Grade B page.
17 thoughts on “RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria”
My friend ia pursuing BFA. Is he eligible?
I have completed my graduation in b. Com but I didn’t receive my final certificate but I have 6th sem.dmc .my overall percentage is 78% can I still apply for this exam?
I’m graduated only through distance education.please clarify me ,whether im eligible for appearing in RBI Grade B exam
I have done my graduation in BCOM from IGNOU( Indira gandhi national open university) and have 65% score. Am I eligible to sit in the RBI Grade-B exam?
I have done my graduation in BCOM from IGNOU( Indira gandhi national open university) and have 65% score. Am I eligible to sit in the exam?
I pass the ba ( private) like IGNOU .
Can I apply for Rbi grade b
Sir, i scored 72 percent in degree b.com (computer applications ).And I scored 10+2 in 56.1 percent .And 10th 83 percent ..Then, can i eligible for rbi grade b exam ?
If someone is 52 % in graduation and from obc category is he eligible?
i got 57 percent in class 12 , 92 percent in class 10, and 70 percent in graduation will i eligible for rbi grade b exam as for obc category
Does B.Tech (4 years) + MBA Finance (2 years) can have upper age limit of 32 years as of M.Phil degree’s upper age limit of 32 years instead of 30?
B.tech students are eligible for rbi grade b exam?
I’m completed my graduation & but in graduation my percentage 60 percentage in less nd i’m obc category Am i eligible for RBI grade B examination ?
Thank you so much your are solve my problems
I got less then 60% in 10th but I got above 60% in 12th and graduation. Am I eligible for rbi grade B exam?
Sorry Mr. Deepu you are not eligible to appear for RBI Grade B Examination. Since the RBI is Government of India’s heart of Economy. The Recruitment rule depict 60% must from the beginning 10th standard, 12th Standard and at Graduation. Benevolently try lot of other examinations which match standards of the same like SBI PO (But you must work hard for SBI PO as equivalent to preparation standard of UPSC civil services, GATE, Entrance for IIM) if you are dedicate your precious time in your young stage with keen interest to study near about 12 hours a day with major economic and social burning issues articles. you may also refer https://www.gktoday.in.
If someone has less than 60% marks in his/her honours subject but more than 60% marks combining all other general papers which are also mentioned in the result. But if the degree is of a 2nd class degree considering the University’s system for honours candidates scoring below 60%. Then is he/she eligible for RBI grade B exams?