Last Updated on
As per the recent United nations Populations report, India is expected to replace China in terms of population by 2030. In this context, Prime Minister of India in his Independence Day speech called out the Nation to curb the Population Explosion and measures to be taken.
Fertility Rate and Child Sex Ratio:
- According to Government’s sample registration System, the fertility rate has been decreasing since 1950. It is expected to be 2.1 in 2019.
- Also, census noticed that with the decrease in fertility rate, the child sex ratio also decreasing.
- There can be various reasons for such path such as Women education, increasing awareness, preventing financial situations and so on.
- People usually tend to have notion of pretending for male rather than girl baby since old age. This impacted decrease in child sex ratio.
- Government has taken various measures to control population such as PC & PNDT Act, providing financial assistance to mother of girl child, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme. In spite of all these measures the child sex ratio is not improving.
- Social & Financial assistance has to provide for parents who bear girl child. It gives a kind of motivation and security as well.
- Awareness has to be spread about Gender Equality.
- PC & PNDT Act and other ant determining laws has to be implement stringently and punish severely if not follows.
- More opportunities for girls and a safe world for them to explore their relent has to be main motive of government.
With the fast-growing population rate, controlling measures one meant to be take. But these population control measures have to be neutral without paving way for more worsening child sex ratio.