Grade 6 is a crucial step in child learning path. As the child does a transition from primary school to secondary school, school syllabus become more detailed and comprehensive. It is also the time when foundation is laid for courses for higher education with more focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and starts of vocational course programs. As child has become familiar with basic concepts of languages (reading, writing and speaking) and understand basic mathematics and science terms, Grade 6 and onwards is time to introduce tougher things in child’ learning path. In the New Education Policy 2020, Grade 6-8 has been identified as the middle stage of learning which will focus on the experiential learning in the school subjects including Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities. Schools will use formative assessments to test conceptual clarity, critical thinking and higher-order thinking skills.
Grade 6 online tuitions and coaching programs Xamnation offer aim to lay right foundation of STEM subjects as well as languages, Social Science, Arts and Humanities subjects. Xamnation Grade 6 notes and online classes are based on the latest and updated curriculum being followed by different school boards including CBSE, GCSE, ISC and other leading boards. All our courses are taught by experienced faculty from leading colleges and universities including IIT, NIT and other premier colleges. Xamnation online coaching for Grade 6 is delivered based on learning requirement of every child. Grade 6 students can book from single doubt class to full course, based on their learning requirement of Grade 6 tuitions.
The formative assessments, as followed by schools, are in form of oral tests, homework, projects, assignments, storytelling, class tests, memory test, dictation, and other similar form of continuous learning-evaluation form of assessments, instead of end of the course written examination. Xamnation Grade 6 online classes and assessments are custom made to suit the updated curriculum and pedagogy being followed across schools affiliated to various boards. We also offer online course for specific topic or concept, paper discussion or preparation, homework and classwork doubt and discussion etc. Students can get in touch with Xamnation mentors who will be glad to assist them on their learning requirement.
Grade 6 subjects
In Grade 6, most of the schools boards like CBSE, ISCE are following below mentioned subjects
- Social Sciences
- Languages – Hindi, and regional languages like Marathi, Kannada etc
Subject-wise Grade 6 Syllabus
Grade 6 syllabus is a right mix of theoretical concepts and practical training for students. Grade 6 syllabus is a stepping stone to the syllabus to be followed in college admissions exams like SAT, JEE, NEET and other entrance exams.
Here, we will run through subject wise class 6 syllabus. We have followed CBSE Grade 6 syllabus, but other boards have syllabus in similar format.
CBSE Grade 6 English Syllabus
Honeysuckle Poems- Class 6 English Syllabus
- A House, A Home
- The Kite
- The Quarrel
- Where Do All The Teachers Go
- The Wonderful Words
- What If
Honeysuckle Prose- CBSE Class 6 English Syllabus
- Who Did Patrick’s Homework?
- How The Dog Found Himself A New Master!
- Taro’s Reward
- An Indian-American Woman In Space
- A Different Kind of School
- Who Am I
- Fair Play
- A Game of Chance
- Desert Animals
- The Banyan Tree
A Pact With The Sun – 6th Class English Syllabus
- A Tale of Two Birds
- The Friendly Mongoose
- The Shepherd’s Treasure
- The Old-Clock Shop
- The Monkey And The Crocodile
- The Wonder Called Sleep
- A Pact With The Sun
- What Happened To The Reptiles
- A Strange Wrestling Match
CBSE Syllabus for Class 6 English Grammar
- A Sentence
- Parts of the Sentence
- The Noun – Numbers
- Noun Genders
- The Noun – Case
- A Pronoun
- The Adjective
- The Verb – Kinds of Verbs
- Verbs and Their Forms
- Verbs Finite, Non-finite Forms
- Special Finite Verbs
- Simple Tenses
- Verbs – Continuous Tenses
- Verbs – Perfect Tense
- Verbs – Perfect Continuous Tense
- The Preposition
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Vocabulary and Word Power
- Summary Writing
- Paragraph Writing
- Essay Writing
- Story Writing
- Letter Writing
CBSE Grade 6 Maths Syllabus
- Number System
- Knowing Our Numbers
- Playing with Numbers
- Whole Numbers
- Negative Numbers and Integers
- Introduction to Algebra
- Ratio and Proportion
- Basic Geometrical Ideas (2-D)
- Understanding Elementary Shapes (2-D and 3-D)
- Constructions (Using straight Edge scale, protractor, compasses)
- Concept of Perimeter and Introduction to Area
- Data Handling
CBSE Grade 6 Science Syllabus
- Food, where does it come from?
- Components of food
- Fiber to fabric
- Sorting materials into groups
- Separation of substances
- Changes around us
- Getting to know plants
- Body movements
- The living organisms and their surroundings
- Motion and measurement of distance
- Light shadows and reflections
- Electricity and circuits
- Fun with magnets
- Air around us
- Biology; Garbage in, garbage out
CBSE Grade 6 Social Science Syllabus
Grade 6 History Syllabus
- What, Where, How, and When?
- On the trail of the earliest people
- From gathering to growing food
- In the earliest cities
- What books and burials tell us?
- Kingdoms, Kings, and an early republic
- New questions and ideas
- Ashoka the emperor
- Vital Villages, thriving towns
- Traders, Kings, and Pilgrims
- New Empires and Kingdoms
- Buildings, Paintings, and Books
Grade 6 Geography Syllabus
- The Earth in the Solar System
- Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Motions of the Earth
- Major Domains of the Earth
- Major Landforms of the Earth
- Our Country- India
- India- Climate, Vegetation, and Wildlife
Grade 6 Social and Political Life Syllabus
- Understanding Diversity
- Diversity and Discrimination
- What is Government?
- Key elements of a Democratic Government
- Panchayati Raj
- Rural Administration
- Urban Administration
- Rural Livelihood
- Urban Livelihood
CBSE Grade 6 Hindi Syllabus
- वह चिड़िया जो (कविता)
- बचपन (संस्मरण)
- नादान दोस्त (कहानी)
- चाँद से थोड़ी-सी गप्पे (कविता)
- अक्षरो का महत्त्व (निबंध)
- पार नजर के (कहानी)
- साथी हाथ बढ़ाना – एक दौड़ ऐसी भी (केवल पढ़ने के लिए)
- एस – एस (एकांकी)
- टिकेट – एल्बम (कहानी)
- झांसी की रानी (कविता)
- जो देखकर भी नहीं देखते (निबंध) – छूना और देखना (केवल पढ़ने के लिए)
- संसार पुस्तक है (पत्र)
- मैं सबसे छोटी होऊं (कविता)
- लोकगीत (निबंध) – दो हरियाणवी लोक गीत (केवल पढ़ने के लिए)
- नोकर (निबंध)
- वन के मार्ग में (कविता)
- साँस – साँस मे बाँस (निबंध) – पेपरमेशी (केवल पढ़ने के लिए)
CBSE Grade 6 Computer Syllabus
- Computer categories and languages of computers.
- Data organizing techniques and file management.
- Word processor and presentation in tabular form.
- Word processor and mail merging techniques.
- Visual effects and presentation software.
- Game creation introduction and scratch programming.
- Introduction to HTML.
- Online surfing and the internet.
Recommended books for Grade 6
Different schools follow different textbooks for Grade 6. But most of the books follow similar teaching methodology and curriculum. Here is list of NCERT textbooks for Grade 6, which you can refer.
- NCERT Class 6 Maths Book for CBSE students
- NCERT Class 6 Science Book for CBSE students
- NCERT Class 6 English Book for CBSE students
- NCERT Class 6 Hindi Book for CBSE students
- NCERT Class 6 Social Science Book for CBSE students
Xamnation online tuitions cover various text books including NCERT books and other popular text books for Grade 6. Our course content is designed taking best curriculum from each of the book. If in case, student want specific book for grade 6, our teachers focus on that book only.
Practice questions for Grade 6
If you are looking for practice tests for your upcoming assessment or weekly test, we have detailed practice course for you. You can practice from different problems of Grade 6, and get ready for your exams. Our practice tests are divided subject wise and topic wise, so that you can practice every concept in details. You can also check our section of Grade 6 NCERT solution, Grade 6 text book solution and practice paper for Grade 6 for more practice.
How to study in Grade 6?
- As the saying goes, plan before your prepare. Similarly, for preparing for Grade 6 or above, you need to have a study plan or timetable. Study timetable is an absolute necessity, as it help you in maintaining study discipline like allocating time to each of subject, when to exercise, when to rest, when to eat etc. If you haven’t prepared a study calendar, get in touch with us, we will help you in creating a detailed study plan customized for you.
- Writing and Revision help in memorizing concepts. It is very important that student maintain proper class notes, homework copies for all subject. Taking class note is as important as doing homework
- Practice all diagrams. Diagrams work as mind map, in retaining information for long time
- Do not follow too many books. You can use minimum 1 and maximum 2 books as reference for Grade 6 subjects. Too many books only increase distraction.
- Study all the topics. Do not assume that topics are having more or less importance. Sometime, topic is more for building concepts than for numerical value.
- Different curriculum follows different textbook. If your school has not shared any book list for Grade 6 yet, you can follow NCERT textbooks for Grade 6 for Indian schools.
- In case you are struck anywhere, do not hesitate to speak to experts or teachers. You can consult with Xamnation teachers for your doubts, confusion, concept understanding or problem solving requirement for Grade 6.
- Xamnation online tuitions classes are most loved by students. You can book 1:1 classes with our teachers. We offer personalized learning for each and every student. Our teachers explain difficult concepts in most engaging and simplest way, so that students can understand everything better.
- You can connect Xamnation for making a working model for Science projects. We can suggest creative educational project for your Grade 6 assignment, which you can easily do at your home. Get in touch if you have any requirement regarding working model at school or science fair for Grade 6
- Our teachers can offer a dozen of science project ideas that you can use as final project , competition or science fair. We will suggest you project based on Grade 6 curriculum and home experiments. Let us know if you need any help in science practical, lab work or course project, we will be glad to assist you in your requirement.