1. In the latest international Intellectual Property (IP) index released by the US Chambers of Commerce, ranking 44th out of 50 countries, India has “increased substantially” its score.
a) India overall increased its score substantially from 25 per cent (8.75 out of 35) in the 5th edition of the Index to 30 per cent (12.03 out of 40) in the 6th edition.
b) With 98 points, followed by United Kingdom (37.97) and Sweden (37.03), US tops the list.
2. On Unani Medicine, international conference has inaugurated.
a. On 10th February, 2018, Dr. Jitendra Singh, The Minister of State (IC) for Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, MoS PMO, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy and Space has inaugurate the two-day International conference on Unani Medicine at New Delhi
b. As it is the 150th Birth Anniversary of Hakim Ajmal Khan, this year is special for Unani fraternity and to mark this day, the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), under the Ministry of AYUSH is organizing a two-day International Conference on Unani Medicine as part of celebration of Unani Day.
c. Integration of Unani System of Medicine in main stream healthcare is the theme of the conference.
3. A Sanitation Park inaugurated in Delhi named as “Swachh Bharat Sanitation Park”.
a. A Sanitation Park has developed by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, in collaboration with the Environmental Sanitation Institute and Tata Trusts,which was inaugurated in the Capital by Union Minister, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Sushri Uma Bharti, and Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Shri ParameswaranIyer.
b. With an objective to create awareness on various safe technological options, the Sanitation Park was developed at CGO Complex in New Delhi.
c. The Park demonstrates various options pertaining to toilet technologies and solid and liquid waste management technologies, with a brief description of these technologies.
4. Shri R.K Singh, Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, launched a Web based monitoring System and a Fly Ash mobile application named ASH TRACK.
a. By providing an interface between fly ash producers (Thermal Power Plants) and potential ash users such as – road contractors, cement plants etc, these platforms will enable better management of the ash produced by thermal power plants.
5. National Women Entrepreneurship Council (NWEC), is considered to establish by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
a. As it will promote entrepreneurship as it would be the umbrella organization for socio-economic gender parity, financial inclusion and economic empowerment of women in India.
b. In reply to a question in Lok Sabha, this information was given by Minister of State for Women and Child Development, Virendra Kumar.
Do you know B.SC agriculture books are required for Nabard grade a preparation for agriculture and rural development subject. Know complete details on nabard grade a preparation here.
6. “Healthy States, Progressive India” Report released by NITI Aayog at a function in the capital.
a. As well as, their overall performance with respect to each other, the report ranks states and Union territories innovatively on their year-on-year incremental change in health
b. CEO, NITI Aayog; Amitabh Kant, Secretary, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare; Preeti Sudan and World Bank India Country Director, Junaid Ahmad released the report jointly.
c. Namely, Larger States, Smaller States, and Union Territories (UTs),States and UTs have been ranked in three categories to ensure comparison among similar entities.
d. Among the Larger States, Kerala, Punjab, and Tamil Nadu ranked on top in terms of overall performance, while Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, and Uttar Pradesh are the top three ranking States in terms of annual incremental performance.
e. Among Smaller States, Mizoram ranked first followed by Manipur on overall performance, while Manipur followed by Goa were the top ranked States in terms of annual incremental performance.
f. Lakshadweep showed both the best overall performance as well as the highest annual incremental performance, among UTs.
7. To represent them in their national campaigns, the Muthoot Group has roped in Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador.
a. It is known for its uncompromising values and trust earned over 131 years of excellence in business.
Did you know that RBI hires its managers from RBI Grade B exam. Check RBI Grade B course page for more details
8. For corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives, the Reliance Industries (RIL) has been awarded the Golden Peacock Award 2017.
a. The award was a recognition of the work done by its CSR arm Reliance Foundation under Founder and Chairman Nita Ambani.
b. Instituted by the Institute Of Directors (IOD) in 1991 in India, Golden Peacock Awards are regarded as a benchmark of Corporate Excellence.
9. After claiming 38 gold medals in the inaugural edition of the Khelo India School Games, Sports powerhouse Haryana topped the overall medal tally concluded in New Delhi.
a. Overall, with 26 silver and 38 bronze, Haryana won 102Maharashtra (110) finished second overall while Delhi (94) came third.
10. Sachin Tendulkar has launched a book on child health care titled ‘Even When There Is A Doctor’.
a. Penned down by Dr Yashwant Amdekar along with Dr Rajesh Chokhani and Krishnan Sivaramakrishnan, the book describes the role of an individual or parents in improving their child’s health.
Hello Student, We hope that you have completed current affairs and GK quiz for today. Current Affairs is an important section of any exam (be it UPSC Civil Services, State PCS, RBI Grade B, Nabard, CAT and other entrance test).
We are also offering live classes, study material and test series for major competition exams. Please visit following pages to know more about our learning program
RBI Grade B Online Coaching | Study Material | Test Series
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9988708161 for course enquiry.